Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the fact that the navigation system is too stupid to understand which of my two phones I have connected to bluetooth media.

I have to stop, manually switch to whichever device I want for bluetooth audio, then drive off. The system isn't smart enough to understand that the device I have paired for phone use is the same device for media!

:mad:

/rant

What about you guys? Certain gripes or concerns? I've got a bunch but this is the one that got me today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Lexus/Toyota bluetooth is not as user friendly as other bluetooth systems I've had experience with. I just don't like the fact that I have to press the talk button every time I want to give a command. And how do you adjust the volume on that thing?

That's my biggest gripe after 7000 miles. Guess all said and done that is really not a big deal - this car has been solid,

·
Registered
648 Posts
There are a bunch of these threads on here already. While they are interesting to read through once (you can find out issues before they happen to you) I would imagine just about everything has already been covered in the other threads.

·
Registered
371 Posts
...the fact that the navigation system is too stupid to understand which of my two phones I have connected to bluetooth media.

I have to stop, manually switch to whichever device I want for bluetooth audio, then drive off. The system isn't smart enough to understand that the device I have paired for phone use is the same device for media!

:mad:

/rant

What about you guys? Certain gripes or concerns? I've got a bunch but this is the one that got me today.
Not to perpetuate this, but do a search for: "Absolute worst feature" and you'll find more gripes people have with their CT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea i think thats a staple to find the worst features for just about any car, i do agree the car should allow the phone to toggle the source on its own switching the audio source like BT Speakers.

To this day thats really the only thing i dislike about the Ausio System.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to add quickly to the dogpile,I actually use a garmin GPS with the bean bag holder in the blank spot where the factory GPS mouse should be(works surprisingly well and I have no visual distractions on the dash).The other gripes that come to mind are no center armrest/cup holders in rear,blind spots from large headrest(I keep my rear seat folded partially to help with this),and sun visors that are worthless when swung to the side(my 99 accord had a plastic slide out extension that worked great for this).lexus should consider this on future models or an aftermarket co could tap into this design flaw. A blind spot monitoring system seems almost necessary on this vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Mirror Adjustment

Just to add quickly to the dogpile,I actually use a garmin GPS with the bean bag holder in the blank spot where the factory GPS mouse should be(works surprisingly well and I have no visual distractions on the dash).The other gripes that come to mind are no center armrest/cup holders in rear,blind spots from large headrest(I keep my rear seat folded partially to help with this),and sun visors that are worthless when swung to the side(my 99 accord had a plastic slide out extension that worked great for this).lexus should consider this on future models or an aftermarket co could tap into this design flaw. A blind spot monitoring system seems almost necessary on this vehicle.

is a matter of adjusting your mirrors correctly.

It is just a matter of adjusting your mirrors correctly and using them. Here is one article: How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver There are many! One the benifits of having a hatchback is learning how to and to actual use your left, center and right mirrors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Back of the car is dirty... all the time. One minute after a wash, BAM dirty. Any solutions.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Back of the car is dirty... all the time. One minute after a wash, BAM dirty. Any solutions.
Nope. Been discussed on here many times. The only thing that I do that works is use my California Duster every single time I drive the car. But that only lasts until it rains once because then the dust turns to muddy water marks and then the duster doesn't work any more until I am able to wash the car again. My car's black too which looks great clean but is the WORST for the dust.

·
Registered
53 Posts
+1 on the back getting dusty/dirty after a few minutes of driving. I'll try to California duster on it (can't believe I never thought of it).

Anyone else ever had someone confuse their CT with a Mazda? They do look very similar...

·
Registered
371 Posts
You guys do realize that "duster" scratches the clear coat right? Over time youll have swirling/micro scratches ...

You're so right about that. I threw my duster away because of the micro scratches it would leave in the paint.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the warning on that. Much appreciated! Guess I can use it on the glass only. It sucks having to wash a black car every few days just because of the back getting so dirty so fast. The other option is to just let the wife drive it - out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for the warning on that. Much appreciated! Guess I can use it on the glass only. It sucks having to wash a black car every few days just because of the back getting so dirty so fast. The other option is to just let the wife drive it - out of sight, out of mind.
I've owned one black once and I said never again. They are beautiful, but so much work.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You guys do realize that "duster" scratches the clear coat right? Over time youll have swirling/micro scratches ...
Oh man, here we go on this again. There are literally hundreds of threads dedicated to this topic on car forums all over the internet. Just type it into Google and read to your hearts content. The bottom line is that if used correctly, the California Duster is safe. That is, you lightly swipe it over the surface to pick up loose dust. If you use it to try and CLEAN the car, which means you push down with force, go in circles over the same area for an extended period of time, etc, then of course you have turned it into a hand sander. LOL

·
Registered
990 Posts
Oh man, here we go on this again. There are literally hundreds of threads dedicated to this topic on car forums all over the internet. Just type it into Google and read to your hearts content. The bottom line is that if used correctly, the California Duster is safe. That is, you lightly swipe it over the surface to pick up loose dust. If you use it to try and CLEAN the car, which means you push down with force, go in circles over the same area for an extended period of time, etc, then of course you have turned it into a hand sander. LOL
I agree and it's getting old...really old.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hate the *****%% gps in the Lexus (both CT200H and RX350)
It's so dumb, it fails to find the best route.
My old Garmin is so much better, why can't they put a Garmin in a Lexus?
It literally tells me to drive 2 miles so I can make a U-Turn.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Electronic Device Holder rattles freaking hate it...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I drive this route everyday, takes me a solid 1 hr and 5 mins...every day. Today, I punched in the address...the Navi tells me 2hrs and 11 mins. ROFL. 80 miles. Equates to 37mph...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts