Lexus CT200h Forums banner

441 - 459 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why don't you just get the best deal you can and tip the salesperson in cash then?

As a former salesperson, I’d like to chime in a little. I actually bought my lexus two weeks ago. I think people just completely fail to realize that you are also paying for the salespersons services. Now, don’t get me wrong if your salesperson isn’t helpful, knowledgeable, or nice then I can see reasons to throw that out the window. Think about going out to dinner… if your waitress is awesome, how does that affect your entire experience? Do you hesitate to tip well?
Anyways…. I did my share of shopping around, like anyone else on this forum. A friend actually referred me to the particular salesperson. I called him and set up a time to meet (this is proper if you already have a salesperson!). I went in, he showed me the car, we test drove it, he explained all the features, etc. We ended up talking about our hobbies and even got into talking about how I use to sell cars, etc.
I couldn’t have asked for a better salesperson. I told him that I appreciated his time and that I’d be ready in two weeks. Two weeks later, I called him and set up the appointment and told him I’d want to go home with my new car today lol. I also told him that I wanted the process to be fast however I did want him to connect my Bluetooth, show me the navigation, how to play Pandora through the car, etc.
When I got there, he had already detailed the car. We sat to talk price… This is where I feel people need to start THINKING! Knowing that he was an all commission based salesman, I told him, I want you to get a good commission because you have been great. He did spend plenty of time with me two weeks ago showing me the car (even if 15 minutes was talking about football). He also knew that I wanted to make the buyer process quicker, so he already had the car detailed to save me some waiting time, not to mention he had as much of the paper work done as he could…
Trying to keep this short… I ended up paying $500 over Invoice. This was a good deal, but not great considering I knew of people paying invoice or a little less (truecar.com, forums like this one). I think sometimes you have to put yourself in the salespersons position. Remember people, the dealership will always make money! But, that doesn’t mean the salesperson is. I can’t tell you how many hours/days I’ve worked and made $0. Respect the salespersons time. Realize, as soon as you pay Invoice, the salesperson is making maybe $100 (even if it’s a $70k car). That may be the only car he/she sells all day, working a 12-14 hour shift at times, or maybe the only car in a few days.
Overall too, realize how great my vehicle buying experience was. The only part that was several hours long was finding the right color and options. I read posts of people spending several hours grinding down the price, doing the entire back and forth thing. Trust me, most salespeople do not like this process either! A lot of the car business is “old school” thinking, including customers. It’s almost as if customers go in just to grind and argue. There is no reason that buying a car has to be stressful. Many great salespeople are actually there to provide you with great service and will work for you on getting a good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking into getting a Ct200h. I have narrowed it down to the 2013 F Sport and the 2014 F Sport. I like the front end/painted roof of the 2014, but I prefer the simpler rear bumper of the 2013 (the 2014 seems a little more bulky and the profile view of the rear isn't as clean to me).

Anyways, I have 2 offers and wanted to see what you guys thought was a better deal.

A silver 2013 F Sport with 13k miles fully loaded w/ nav, illuminated door sills, tinted windows, trident wheels from a private seller at $33K total including fees.

Or

2014 silver F Sport fully loaded w/ nav, lowering springs for 39k total?

·
Registered
313 Posts
any 2014 owners here? If you dont mind me asking the price you paid and your options included :)
Bought my 2014 Blue F Sport on Saturday. Paid almost exactly $40k before TTL, as optioned. According to Truecar.com, the MSRP for all this should be about $41.8k, so I saved around $1800.

Note: I ordered this car since you can't get one like this from any dealer in the US. I was also told that it's standard policy to charge MSRP for custom orders, but this dealer works with Edmund's pricing system, which is what I used to get the price. Also, the dealer offered me a price about $200 less than what Edmunds told me they would charge.

- Lexus Display Audio
- F Sport Leather for Lexus Display Audio
- Park Assist
- Radar Cruise w/ PCS
- F Sport LED headlights w/ LED Foglights
- Accessories included in price (that I did not ask for but got anyway): cargo mat, cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper applique, key fob leather gloves
- Accessories included in price (that I did order): cargo tray, spider cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper protector

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2014 Nebula Grey F Sport last week. Total was $35k +TTL @ 0.9% financing, including the extended warranty. This is my third Lexus from this dealership and they have always treated me well. I live in Northern CA and thess models have been flying out of the dealerships recently. The White F Sport I test drove was gone within a day and the one I brought home came off the truck the night before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this deal mid-July in SoCal.

2014 Neblua Gray F Sport all options except for the factory installed LED headlights $39.2K MSRP.

2 year lease for 1.2K/month miles, $280/month | $0 down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought my ct yesterday and im very pleased with the deal. I paid $25,500, 2013 nebula gray, 1 owner, 5600 miles. Original price was 26,900.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought my ct yesterday and im very pleased with the deal. I paid $25,500, 2013 nebula gray, 1 owner, 5600 miles. Original price was 26,900.?
Hi did you get this from European Motorsport in north Dallas? I checked that car out it was clean. Good deal for low miles. Not to rain on your parade but lexus informed me it had one accident on file that didn't show up on car fax but did on autocheck. Not sure how bad but it was front driver corner. If it wasn't for that I would of purchased it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes that was it, I took it to a body shop and had it checked. No frame or extensive damaged, the tech said that it must have been cosmetics. I then jumped on the deal cause at the time only two popped up in the ads around that price. The other ct was a red 2012 with 10k. Unfortunately that one sold the day before i was scheduled to go in for a test drive. The one i bought is a beauty, very pleased with this purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes that was it, I took it to a body shop and had it checked. No frame or extensive damaged, the tech said that it must have been cosmetics. I then jumped on the deal cause at the time only two popped up in the ads around that price. The other ct was a red 2012 with 10k. Unfortunately that one sold the day before i was scheduled to go in for a test drive. The one i bought is a beauty, very pleased with this purchase.
Awesome deal! Glad you got it checked out and nothing major was wrong. I ended up picking up a 2012 Silver with 15K miles and had some options that I wanted at Sewell Lexus. Very happy with the car and how great the gas mileage is and still get the feel of a luxury car. I came from a 2012 Acura MDX that was getting 16 mpg, filling up $60 every 280 miles was not fun.

·
Registered
251 Posts
non-sport 2015 Nebula gray pearl (6 miles when I picked it up) , NAV , Premium package ... $ 33.8 K out the door (including tax, title, all paper work...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there proud CTowners:

Looking to buy a 2015 new .. and here is the offer from a Lexus dealer.

2015 Base with
Backup camera in rear view mirror
seat comfort pkg
cargo net, cargo mat, wheel locks etc..

31,049.00 (before TTL).

What do yo'all think?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi there proud CTowners:

Looking to buy a 2015 new .. and here is the offer from a Lexus dealer.

2015 Base with
Backup camera in rear view mirror
seat comfort pkg
cargo net, cargo mat, wheel locks etc..

31,049.00 (before TTL).

What do yo'all think?
no NAV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I made th deal here. The Carfax shows 'wheels replaced' for this brand new car that las less than 50 miles. I don't think that's normal. May be it got into some sort of accident ?

Any thoughts?

441 - 459 of 459 Posts