Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the dimensions and spring rates of the OEM suspension?

I am considering installing slightly stiffer springs, or doing something to reduce the chance of damaging the front underbody.
I'll probably just go with taller tires, but thought I'd ask.

I've read a lot about going lower, but nothing about going higher.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. I am not sure what will happen. Some of the black plastic has already been ground through. I suppose the first thing to go would be the aerodynamics. plastic might fall off, then it might grind metal, opening up rust, rust never sleeps, and then I won't be able to sleep, LOL!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, but maybe not as bad as I had thought. I just climbed under and took photos. Not as bad as I had thought. I could not find the spot that I thought I had ground through.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Bumper Car Here is some of the damage. Car is only a few months old. I already had to replace the nose because of a parking lot mishap.
I drove about a month without a scrape on the silver paint, but it bottomed a few times this month.
Maybe I could ad a lip so it has something more disposable to scrape on, and then some touch up paint.
I can live with the cosmetic damage.
Maybe just one size bigger tire will help.
The other concern is hooking on the rebar or spikes that holds the parking stops in place in the parking lot, but that I should just need to be careful of. I snagged one once on the wind deflector in front of the wheels. no harm done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts