Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to work out if it worth paying more for the Nav.

Does anyone have pictures/links of each of the screens on the Nav unit? I was hoping for something approaching the Prius e.g. mpg history and hybrid indicator.

I know you get a small indicator on the instrument binnicle, but I don't think this is anywhere near what you get on the Prius.

Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Trying to work out if it worth paying more for the Nav.

Does anyone have pictures/links of each of the screens on the Nav unit? I was hoping for something approaching the Prius e.g. mpg history and hybrid indicator.

I know you get a small indicator on the instrument binnicle, but I don't think this is anywhere near what you get on the Prius.

Thanks.
No, the screens for that purpose are much larger on the Prius. But on the Nav Prius and the Nav CT200 those screens are not on the nav screen. It is still small and kind of hidden, but it works the same. I had a little trouble transitioning from my Prius, but I am used to it now. Besides, I just find I get better mileage when I kind of ignore the mileage indicators.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks. I thought I remember seeing the HSD info on one of the Nav screens, so I kind of assumed you'd get get all the averages info as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The fuel consumption screen shows you either

1) Consumption Bar Graph
- Fuel consumption (ie. mpg) for the last 30 min
- Regenerated Energy (Wh) for the last 30 min
- Cruising Range

2) Past Record Bar Graph
- Avg fuel consumption between manual reset (dates and mpg's)
- Best fuel consumption between all the resets

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Bodgerx, this link should take you to the Lexus manuals page with more than enough info to go along with the nav screens :

Lexus Drivers My Lexus Online Owner's Manual
That's the starting page for Lexus manuals, from there you'll need to point it at the CT. It can be a bit awkward with actually getting manuals though, with it sometimes not filling its dropdown menus with things to click on.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi Bodgerx, this link should take you to the Lexus manuals page with more than enough info to go along with the nav screens :

Lexus Drivers My Lexus Online Owner's Manual
That's the starting page for Lexus manuals, from there you'll need to point it at the CT. It can be a bit awkward with actually getting manuals though, with it sometimes not filling its dropdown menus with things to click on.
Oh I didn't know you could look at the manual without signing up. The manual with the fuel consumption screen is "Hybrid System".

·
Registered
270 Posts
What I forgot to say (perils of posting stuff immediately on getting home from work) is that if I had the choice again, I'd still get the Nav system.

I've not used it that much as a Nav system (but do appreciate the Traffic Info thingy), it's the extra information it makes available that would make me grab it again. Things like :

Caller ID on the Nav screen for incoming calls
Better (but still clunky) interface for checking music on iPod etc
Info from the fuel consumption screens*

*I'm an information junkie, stuff like that feeds the addiction :D

Manuals - you can get the user manuals online for free but it takes cash to get the maintenance manuals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I forgot to say (perils of posting stuff immediately on getting home from work) is that if I had the choice again, I'd still get the Nav system.

I've not used it that much as a Nav system (but do appreciate the Traffic Info thingy), it's the extra information it makes available that would make me grab it again. Things like :

Caller ID on the Nav screen for incoming calls
Better (but still clunky) interface for checking music on iPod etc
Info from the fuel consumption screens*

*I'm an information junkie, stuff like that feeds the addiction :D

Manuals - you can get the user manuals online for free but it takes cash to get the maintenance manuals.
Yeah, this was pretty much my impression. I don't think Lexus/Toyota nav is the greatest of them all, so it was basically the bigger display for other functions and the mpg info that is the possible sell for me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks. Looks impressive - lots of 60mpg+ there...strange it doesn't show higher than that.
Well the first 30 min was more choppy with more hills and traffic. The last 30 min of the drive was pretty smooth. I guess they have to cut off the graph somewhere. 60 mpg seems like a good place. For some of those minutes, I could be gliding downhill and not using the engine at all... it would probably be like 100+ mpg if they have to show it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The fuel consumption screen shows you either

1) Consumption Bar Graph
- Fuel consumption (ie. mpg) for the last 30 min
- Regenerated Energy (Wh) for the last 30 min
- Cruising Range

2) Past Record Bar Graph
- Avg fuel consumption between manual reset (dates and mpg's)
- Best fuel consumption between all the resets
Hi,

I have been driving ct for 3 month and i have never figure out how the 2) past record bar work?
The graph just never accumulated. I mean i would like to see everyday my past record,
it seems after i click the clear and reset everything, and the using the reset button on my sterring for the dashboard to clear the Average fuel consumption. Which mean everythign has been reset.
However after driving for few days, the graph still have the fartest right shown on the day reset only, and it doesn't accumulated everyday?

How does it work actually?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi,

I have been driving ct for 3 month and i have never figure out how the 2) past record bar work?
The graph just never accumulated. I mean i would like to see everyday my past record,
it seems after i click the clear and reset everything, and the using the reset button on my sterring for the dashboard to clear the Average fuel consumption. Which mean everythign has been reset.
However after driving for few days, the graph still have the fartest right shown on the day reset only, and it doesn't accumulated everyday?

How does it work actually?
It is not a daily advance. In order to lock in the record, you have to reset the Avg MPG. On the Avg MPG display, hold and steering wheel display button. I think it is a good idea. It gives you control on when to start a new record. The only problem with that is that there is no way to keep track of your Lifetime MPG unless you don't ever start a new record.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is not a daily advance. In order to lock in the record, you have to reset the Avg MPG. On the Avg MPG display, hold and steering wheel display button. I think it is a good idea. It gives you control on when to start a new record. The only problem with that is that there is no way to keep track of your Lifetime MPG unless you don't ever start a new record.
i just bought the ct f sport and im having that same problem. on the past record in only shows one graph (light blue colored) to the right and i would like more (dark blue ones) to compare on different days. how can i achieve this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
My past record bar sits there for last 3 month.... nothing is increase

you have to reset the average mpg using the display button on the steering wheel. press the display button till the average mpg shows up, then hold the display button to reset it. once reset, the record will be updated on the nav.

i usually reset this by the end of the day so i can track my mpg each day i use the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts