Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Could anyone please explain to me what are the advantages ?
Why to pay more for the CT200h ?
it looks like that they share a lot in platform and technology.
Thank you

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sport suspension and driving dynamics, better interior, quiter, and sporty Lexus looks over a Prius.

Also, certain unique options, such as seat memory and auto dimming side mirrors.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi,
Could anyone please explain to me what are the advantages ?
Why to pay more for the CT200h ?
it looks like that they share a lot in platform and technology.
Thank you
It's like one with make-up & one without make-up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Raidin already mentioned most of the differences.

The Prius uses cheaper interior parts.
Less sound deadening.
Not as fancy of an interior.

That said, the Prius is a very well thought out car.
It's slightly bigger and is very practical.

If you are considering a CT, I'd suggest looking at a 2014+
They made a lot of improvements over the 2011-2013 cars.

Some of the improvements being more sound deadening added, bit softer suspension, stiffer chassis. To name a few.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Leather, etc....more luxury. Like any Lexus, the basic platform (Camry, Avalon, etc), is taken to another level and transformed. Plus, I think the CT is a whole lot prettier. If one doesn't care about style, luxury, curb appeal....then the Prius is great. I just don't mind spending a bit more for more car. If you're a point A to point B type of driver, then I doubt you'd miss out on anything. I'm just not one of those types.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I test drove the Prius and CT back to back before I decided on the CT. While the Prius is very practical and offers more for less, I didn't like the higher noise level, the wide A-pillars and the bad rear view.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never drove a Prius so I can't say anything about it. My CT is a 2011 and I really love it. My only complaint is how loud the level of road noise that enters the cabin is. My understanding is that on the newer models Lexus has really addressed this issue. So to me, having the Lexus brand, looks and sportiness are the advantages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts