Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
PS
I forgot that my wife does not share my love of the front seats. She's 5'1 and UK size 10 (that's 8 in the US I think), ie pretty slim. She says they are not bad, but much prefers the seats in our mk3 GS300 and new VW Up!

232 Posts
I just came back from deep South, I drove ten days straight and put in 5.5K since I got the CT on August 16th, and I must say that this is a very delightful car to drive, stupendous gas mileage and most importantly I did not have any problems negotiation the tight Tennessee mountainous roads. The seats were just perfect, a lot more hugging than my BMW e93 and very similar to Recaro's.

The CT handled pretty good during torrential downpours in Florida; I did not feel any aquaplanning; and to my utmost surprise the brakes were extraordinary resistant to fading. This baby's brakes performed flawlessly during the descent of Roan Mtn range in NC from an altitude of almost 6,286 ft above sea level, of course with brake function engaged. I was thoroughly impressed indeed. I was not so lucky during my descent from White Mtn in Attitash mountain range in NH couple of years ago with my BMW e93 convertible; I had to cool off my brakes at roadside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depending on previous vehicle, I can understand the initial discomfort with the seats. I came from a Highlander and the naturally lower position of the CT required some getting used to for my back. After the first couple of drives, my body adjusted and now I enjoy sitting back and letting those sport seats hug me as I drive.

Good luck friend, but if you are coming from non-sport seats, you may want to give the CT a little break in period.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Welp, I test drove the CT200 and my FIRST impression was WOW these seats are TIGHT and HURT! Sure enough about 10 mins into the test drive I wanted OUT. Also the sterio display reminded me of my old 2001 acura, very dated. Sun visor, like all said on here, was useless on the side windows.

I was SO looking forward to taking one of these home today, but decided that the car is just too uncomfortable, Other than this, I would have signed on it.

I don;t see how ANYONE can stand the seats in this thing. Really. And I am not a very big guy (167lbs at 5'7)

Really sucks because I wanted this car, bad...
disapointedguy,

I am really curious, what do you drive that is comfortable ? And if it is so comfortable and soft what happens when you go around corners? Do you slow down and go around corners very slow because of no seat side bolstering?

I personally find the seats comfortable, both initially and for long drive and supporting through turns. But hey too each his own. I hope you find a car you like because apparently the CT200h is not a good choice for you.

Good Luck,

MidCow3

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have to agree with the mass. I enjoy these seats as they are very comfortable for me. The lumbar support really help on the longer trips as I have lower back issues. Comming from jaguar seats that did everything but spin 180 I have to say these are very comfy.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts