Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I test drove the CT200 and my FIRST impression was WOW these seats are TIGHT and HURT! Sure enough about 10 mins into the test drive I wanted OUT. Also the sterio display reminded me of my old 2001 acura, very dated. Sun visor, like all said on here, was useless on the side windows.

I was SO looking forward to taking one of these home today, but decided that the car is just too uncomfortable, Other than this, I would have signed on it.

I don;t see how ANYONE can stand the seats in this thing. Really. And I am not a very big guy (167lbs at 5'7)

Really sucks because I wanted this car, bad...

·
Registered
232 Posts
sorry dude, to each their own.

maybe another car for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe the glove is just to tight for you.
Our experience is the exact opposite of yours. Our first trip was a 1500 mile one, through 3 states. What can I say? The seats were wonderful...no sore spots, very comfortable, the best ride we have (ok, maybe at least as good as the 2012 Audi TT that I drive occasionally )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that he CT didn't work for you. I'm 6-0 and 220. Mine fits like it was custom made just for me. Hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I guess it just did not fit my body frame. I dunno. But my old man, wife, all agreed that the car just was too tight and felt small. Other than that I loved it. I really did. The other big let down was the fact that it's a hatchback, which does NOT work for me as far as security goes. I live in Miami and keep about 1k worth of technical tools in the trunk of my car at ALL times. Smash and grab WILL happen with this car, for sure. But that's not the cars fault, for sure...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm 5'7" ~150lbs and I've had the car for a month now. I'm still fiddling with the seating position. I find that the perfect position when I have my work boots on, is different than when I'm wearing my Keens.

But i am able to get comfortable. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Don't think you are going to get many agrees on the seat comfort. Sun visor and dated stereo display sure, we all agree, but wouldn't stop many people from buying the CT. Let us know what you buy, we all will be curious what you find that is better. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess it just did not fit my body frame. I dunno. But my old man, wife, all agreed that the car just was too tight and felt small. Other than that I loved it. I really did. The other big let down was the fact that it's a hatchback, which does NOT work for me as far as security goes. I live in Miami and keep about 1k worth of technical tools in the trunk of my car at ALL times. Smash and grab WILL happen with this car, for sure. But that's not the cars fault, for sure...
Now you are sounding silly. Why would you test drive a car that "does not work for me". Its OBVIOUSLY a flippin hatchback!

All of the people that love me really agree... haha

·
Registered
516 Posts
And...just because it's a hatchback there is still a shelf that keeps items out of site. If you think it's more vulnerable to theft because it isn't a trunk that's not the case...if somebody sees you put something of value in your hatchback or in your trunk and they want it they will steal it either way...but for just being out of sight, the hatchback works. I live in Ft Lauderdale...and have bought cars in Miami...I am almost thinking you should test drive the CT at another dealership...sometimes in that market dealers will put their marked up options on a car to inflate the price way high...just thinking maybe the dealer did something like put leather aftermarket trimmed seats which would make them feel different...just saying...I agree with the other posts on this topic...the seats are like sport seats and the bolsters give great support....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welp, I test drove the CT200 and my FIRST impression was WOW these seats are TIGHT and HURT! Sure enough about 10 mins into the test drive I wanted OUT. Also the sterio display reminded me of my old 2001 acura, very dated. Sun visor, like all said on here, was useless on the side windows.

I was SO looking forward to taking one of these home today, but decided that the car is just too uncomfortable, Other than this, I would have signed on it.

I don;t see how ANYONE can stand the seats in this thing. Really. And I am not a very big guy (167lbs at 5'7)

Really sucks because I wanted this car, bad...
I have my share of gripes concerning the CT, but the seats are not one of them. They are very comfortable and possibly the best feature of the car.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The seat is probably about as comfortable as it gets for me. I'm 5"10 and weigh about 160 lbs. I rent a lot of cars for work and the CT is about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you spend time adjusting the power seat??
I am 6"2 and feel very comfortable if I move the seat all the way to the back and as low as possible.

·
Registered
232 Posts
its great for me too. super comfy seats 5' 1", 120lbs
did 500km on a road trip, superb.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm a big dude and the seats are very comfortable, and the lumbar support is great!

what brand car are you coming from disapointedguy?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 5'11" and 275lbs (big guy) and the seats are one of the best features of the car... very comfortable. Reading the thread above, it appears that a wide variety tall, short, large and small feel the seats are great. Also, I have a lot of expensive camera gear that I wouldn't want to get stolen, but it isn't a problem because of the built-in cover.

The other car I was considering before picking this one was the Subaru BRZ Subaru BRZ | The New 2013 BRZ Sports Car It has a trunk... maybe you'll like that better.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Most people on the forum seem to think that the front seats are great, and I'm no exception. Over the years I've owned a few cars including Mercs and other Lexus, and the driver's seat in my CT200 F-Sport is the best ever. I'm 6' tall and weigh about 200 pounds.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, the CT has sport style front seats. I found them very comfortable, but I know there are people who do not like this type of seat. They like the traditional flatter front seat that hugs you less around the side.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i've had my CT since March 2012 and on Sept 15/2012 i finally got my seat to my liking. It took a lot of adjusting while driving around but i finally got it.

Glorious Victory!!!!!! Seat Position 1 :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts