Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming the 0-60 at 9.8 sec is in normal mode and some reviews indicate 10.3 sec. Not sure how they time it, but curious what the 0-60 is in sport mode. Anyone care to time it?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I'm assuming the 0-60 at 9.8 sec is in normal mode and some reviews indicate 10.3 sec. Not sure how they time it, but curious what the 0-60 is in sport mode. Anyone care to time it?
Not quite sure, but does 0.5 seconds really matter in a car like this that isn't sub 6.0 seconds?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I've heard reviews with results of 9.5 sec, and they mentioned being in Sport Mode 90% of time during the review process. You'll quietly lose in any drag races, but at least your doing it and being the most environmentally friendly.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Slooooooow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Official numbers are:
9.8 sec 0-60mph (0-96km/h), 10.3 sec 0-100km/h (0-62mph).
When you floor the accelerator, it makes no difference if you are in sport, normal or eco mode.

Giora.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Official numbers are:
9.8 sec 0-60mph (0-96km/h), 10.3 sec 0-100km/h (0-62mph).
When you floor the accelerator, it makes no difference if you are in sport, normal or eco mode.

Giora.
Disagree here. The battery doesn't deliver full power at eco or Normal. There is a notable difference when you accelerate in Sport mode VS Normal mode.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I hear them LFAs are pretty fast, but costly :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
Disagree here. The battery doesn't deliver full power at eco or Normal. There is a notable difference when you accelerate in Sport mode VS Normal mode.
^^^ this.

I notice a difference in sport mode. Its plenty fast enough to spin the tires if you gun it when turning from a stop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hear there's a CT600hL in the works. Will go 0-60mph in under 4 seconds.

True because it was on teh interweb. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
True - the "feel" of the starting acceleration definitely is faster but once you are moving the mid-range acceleration (20-40 mph) is still pretty meager and i think this accounts for why the 0-60mph numbers still suck.

i think we CT owners need to call a spade a spade here - the acceleration is underpowered - but my guess is most people are not buying this car (or even LOOKING at it) for the acceleration numbers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have to disagree.
In open throttle (when you floor the pedal) the car will give everything it has no matter what mode you are in.
True, in sport mode the throttle mapping is much more sensitive and you get the full 650V to MG2 from the start, the result is a sporty feel, however, at open throttle you get the full 650V in any mode you are in, and throttle mapping has no meaning anymore.

This is all academic for me anyways, as I have never floored the pedal! I chose the CT for other reasons.

Giora.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Have to disagree.
In open throttle (when you floor the pedal) the car will give everything it has no matter what mode you are in.
True, in sport mode the throttle mapping is much more sensitive and you get the full 650V to MG2 from the start, the result is a sporty feel, however, at open throttle you get the full 650V in any mode you are in, and throttle mapping has no meaning anymore.

This is all academic for me anyways, as I have never floored the pedal! I chose the CT for other reasons.

Giora.
I agree. This is also what I understood about the hybrid operation.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree. This is also what I understood about the hybrid operation.
But when you go from theory to practice, the response is definitly not the same in Eco, normal or Sport.
Having said that, this is also the last reason why I bought this car!:)
I like 5L/100km much better!

·
Registered
15 Posts
From the Lexus.ca website:

Four Selectable Driving Modes
Using the Drive Mode Select switch, the driver can choose between four selectable driving modes: Normal, ECO, Sport and EV.

• Normal Mode delivers naturally progressive power.
  • ECO Mode further enhances the already exceptional fuel efficiency.
  • EV (Electric Vehicle) Mode allows the CT 200h to be driven exclusively by the electric motor at low speeds for zero emissions*** when the hybrid battery has sufficient charge.
  • Sport Mode delivers more dynamic driving. The Hybrid System Indicator is replaced with a tachometer and the instrument panel lighting changes from blue to red. For added responsiveness and a more engaging drive, steering is made to feel more direct, throttle response is increased and traction and stability control systems become less intrusive. The Hybrid battery output changes from 500V to 650V for optimized power.
This does not preclude the 650v being made available @WOT in non-sport modes, but I have not been able to locate any information that the 650v is definitely available in non-sport modes.

Giora, if you have access to any such information, I would appreciate if you could share. As a mechanical engineer, I am interested in all aspect of this drive train.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts