Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Sunday, we finally got some rain and a lot of it. Houston is flat and when it rains we tend to get flash flooding and pockets of water on the highways/freeways.

The CT200h handled superbly in the rain and through pockets of water on the road. Didn't pull or veer when encountering water; handled very well.
Someone earlier mentioned loud road noise during rain. I thought the car remained very quiet going through rain and water.

Your handling may vary, if you have less contact due to overinflated tires. I am running at Lexus recommended PSI 32/32.

Anyway, overall wet weather handling = EXCELLENT

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks Midcow3 for the wet weather handling report. I found the same to be true here in Minnesota during a downpour. You've got to love the rain sensing wipers as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Agreed!

The Bay Area has been raining on and off for the past week and I experienced great handling but I must say that my experience with small/medium puddles was noisy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Agreed, wet as can be in the Bay Area for the past couple days, the CT200h did very well in handling... Especially with the road magnet suspension. =]

Taking her up to San Francisco in a few minutes for more fun in puddles, but it looks like the rain is clearing up. (Thank god! We're doing the Nike Women's Marathon this week and it's tough to get gaffer tape to stick to wet cement!)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Agreed. Excellent wet weather handling. Although I'm not a fan of Michelin's especially on snow, I have to admit, the Primacy MXM4s are a big contributing factor to the tight wet grip.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just got home today from Fort Lauderdale, FL. Three days of driving in light to very heavy rain and the CT handled like a dream. 1621 miles. I haven't figured the MPG yet, but it will be over 42 mpg average for the whole trip.

Round trip was 3155.6 miles.
Computer Average MPG 43.4
Actual MPG 40.9

1 - 7 of 7 Posts