Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I just purchased a brand new Lexus CT200H Premium Package. However I keep on getting this sound often when I brake or accelerate I had a hybrid before and I know that one didn't make this sound, and when I asked the dealer they said it was normal. Which I found really weird. I have attached a link to my Dropbox account with the audio file since I had difficulty attaching it here. If anyone could give some suggestions to what this is or if this is normal it would be much appreciated.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50011338/Voice 003.m4a

Thanks everyone

Andy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like a faulty framus bearing. No, actually, that's normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also took delivery of a new CT200h F Sport last week and the braking was the one thing I had to get used to. The dealer assured me that the sounds were normal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi everyone

I just purchased a brand new Lexus CT200H Premium Package. However I keep on getting this sound often when I brake or accelerate I had a hybrid before and I know that one didn't make this sound, and when I asked the dealer they said it was normal. Which I found really weird. I have attached a link to my Dropbox account with the audio file since I had difficulty attaching it here. If anyone could give some suggestions to what this is or if this is normal it would be much appreciated.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50011338/Voice 003.m4a

Thanks everyone

Andy
I agree with everyone here. I have a Prius C and a CT, and I get this sound too. The regenerative brakes use the motor in reverse to act as a generator to charge the battery, so you'll hear sounds when you brake and when you are on electric power that you wouldn't otherwise hear in a non-hybrid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Pedestrian warning system". Mystery solved. There's a speaker mounted behind the bumper on the driver's side of the car. Disconnect it from the engine bay if you're so inclined to make the noise stop, hope you have skinny enough arms to do so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Virtual engine sound generator" I pulled the wire on mine two nights after I got the car. It is accessable through the engine compartment by the d/s headlight, just below it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Whatever happened to people paying attention to their surroundings? Looking before they step into the street? Being responsible for their own safety? Used to be that people that were really stupid never survived long enough to have kids. Now????

Maybe I am just feeling a little bit hostile tonight? I am sick of the government telling me what to do and how to do it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whatever happened to people paying attention to their surroundings? Looking before they step into the street? Being responsible for their own safety? Used to be that people that were really stupid never survived long enough to have kids. Now????

Maybe I am just feeling a little bit hostile tonight? I am sick of the government telling me what to do and how to do it.
The sound is government-mandated for those who are hard of hearing, children that may be distracted, elderly, and of course, those who are blind or can't see for some other reason.

I didn't realize this sound was the artificial sound for that purpose, always thought it was the motor/generator that was more audible at low speeds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a post how to disable it if you dont like it, i cant seem to find it right now But basically behind the front bumper on the driver side inline with the fog light but on the frame of the car there is a thing that looks like a horn. unplug that and youre done

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would like to get rid of it too. Can someone show how to do it ? I cannot reach it without some tutorial...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found it, unplugged it, now no noise. What a stupid thing. Maybe I need a noise alert when it's time for me to pay my property taxes on the car:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there something we can unplug so that the car is not visible, or do we need to buy a cloaking device from the Romulans? Damn government! Nobody needs to see me! I wonder what the "Loud pipes save lives" folks would think about all this? Opposite theory, similarly self indulgent, at expense of others.
Now if we could have a device that would change the sound from "Weird Spaceship / Radiator Sound" to gas gurgling v-twin or v-8, I'd pay over $100 for it!
Or for halloween, how about a chainsaw noise? Trick or Treat?

·
381 Posts
I agree that it's annoying. I will include a caveat for those who have unplugged it though...
If you somehow hit a pedestrian, and you've knowingly disabled a safety device that was designed to warn pedestrians of the vehicle's presence, you're pretty boned.

·
Registered
105 Posts
guys, can someone show us please how to unplug, dismount the buzzer ?
please please please ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts