Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really have no idea how I got this ( someone with a high backpack scraped against the side of my car or something? ) Anyone have any recommendations on how I can make this scratch/gouge on my black plastic at the end of my car door frame look any better? I've thought about using Meguiar's G15812 Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer but I'm not sure whats the best way to go about repairing this or at least making so it doesn't look so horrible as it does now. Any feedback appreciated, thanks.

Imgur link -
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would try first a very fine cutting compound. But it's plastic so could be difficult or even make it worse. I think plastic restorer might just mask it up and not remove it. Is it very deep?
Maybe just renewing the trim would be easier?
If it was mine I would replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scratch/abrasion doesn't feel very deep but the plastic is textured so I can feel the difference. Any recommendations for what to use when renewing the trim?

In terms of replacement the part is only $30 but I have no idea how to properly remove it or how hard/easy it would be? I have no idea how it is attached to the end of the door

https://www.mylparts.com/auto-parts...engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-front-door-scat

its part # 4 - 75755-76010 Applique

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a large scraped area on the textured trim inside the rear hatch door when I purchased my CT. I used a small amount of acetone on a rag and rubbed over it. Acetone will melt the plastic, so test in an inconspicuous area. It didn't fix the scrape, but now it is no longer noticeable as the "white" scrape marks are gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.