Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2012 ct200 with 65k miles. Car had been amazing but recently I have been hearing a noise when braking. It almost sounds like a quick fart. Best way to explain it. It does it right before I come to a complete stop, not when I begin braking. Most times it only happens when braking harder than normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve only owned the car for a month, so not sure if it’s normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I don’t think it’s the abs. Normally the tires will give a lil chirp and the pedal bounces. It’s more internal than that. Thought it might have been the electric motor but doubt it. I’m gonna take it to Lexus this week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sound is normal, weird as hell, but normal. I took mine to Lexus several times, it has to do with the very high pressure of the hydraulic system which has added pressure from the way they are designed, the issue is the same and a few other Lexus models. I did however noticed getting worse lately, I am at 94k miles. My guess is that a brake fluid flush should help a lot, so I going to do mine in another month or so and see. Brakes work perfectly fine though, I am sure the same case with yours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all, I have a 2012 ct200 with 65k miles. Car had been amazing but recently I have been hearing a noise when braking. It almost sounds like a quick fart. Best way to explain it. It does it right before I come to a complete stop, not when I begin braking. Most times it only happens when braking harder than normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve only owned the car for a month, so not sure if it’s normal.

Okay my friend. I had the same problem with our 2012 CT200h. I bled the brakes and the problem went away. Many refer the symptom as "Brakes Barking".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Later cars with a similar symptom were recalled for a bad brake actuator... Lexus covered some under warranty. Out of warranty it was a nearly $3k job. Check it out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts