Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in custom floor liners as I get a lot of snow in my area. The factory all weather mats do a poor job of catching the run off water. Weathertech products are the bomb but they refused to make custom floor liners or mats for our car. Some have bought the 3D Kagu mats. I find those expensive and I don't know how good the product is long term. Weathertech has a great reputation for durability.

I emailed Weathertech a couple of times. This is their latest response:

We have received enough demand for this product recently. The product
Digital Fit FloorLiners for the CT200h is in the works. Normally it
takes 4 months from start to finish for the Floor Liners. Unfortunately
sometimes higher demand products bump less demand products so they can
be completed first. Right now my production sheet says they are 9 weeks
from completion if everything runs smooth. I understand that the vehicle
has been out for a couple years now. WeatherTech has to assess the
likely hood that the vehicle line will be a success before we begin
creating the product. It costs upwards of $50,000 for the mould to be
made, so it is an expensive error if the vehicle folds.
I do apologize it has taken us so long to make this product.

· Registered
371 Posts
I'm interested in custom floor liners as I get a lot of snow in my area. The factory all weather mats do a poor job of catching the run off water. Weathertech products are the bomb but they refused to make custom floor liners or mats for our car. Some have bought the 3D Kagu mats. I find those expensive and I don't know how good the product is long term. Weathertech has a great reputation for durability.

I emailed Weathertech a couple of times. This is their latest response:

We have received enough demand for this product recently. The product
Digital Fit FloorLiners for the CT200h is in the works. Normally it
takes 4 months from start to finish for the Floor Liners. Unfortunately
sometimes higher demand products bump less demand products so they can
be completed first. Right now my production sheet says they are 9 weeks
from completion if everything runs smooth. I understand that the vehicle
has been out for a couple years now. WeatherTech has to assess the
likely hood that the vehicle line will be a success before we begin
creating the product. It costs upwards of $50,000 for the mould to be
made, so it is an expensive error if the vehicle folds.
I do apologize it has taken us so long to make this product.
Does Weathertech really think the CT will fold? Crazy!

· Registered
187 Posts
Does Weathertech really think the CT will fold? Crazy!
Well, the HS250H has folded. Hybrids have always been a hit or miss, more so with non Toyota manufacturers, but the HS was a real eye opener for Toyta/Lexus I guess. Plus, the CT's "journalists" review was horrible, everyone imagining that CT needs to have LOTS of power to justify itself. I am glad that almost everyone ignores the reviews, otherwise the camrys and civics would have been duds, and the corvettes and mutangs the volume sellers.

· Registered
50 Posts
I've had a set for about a month, great fit and protection
If you live where it snows you've already discovered that the Lexus all-weather floor mat on the driver's side allows slush to soak the carpet. Whoever designed that mat surely never tested it in snow. Based on my experience with WeatherTech's trunk liner for my HS250h I bought a set of their front floor liners for my CT. The fit is absolutely perfect and they keep the carpet dry. I highly recommend them.

· Registered
10 Posts
Agree, the OEM winter mats are pretty useless in the snow. I bought WeatherTech liners for my wife's car, but was a bit disappointed with the quality of the rear mat. Decided to try the the Maxspider mats for the CT; they fit perfectly, are less expensive and look nicer (IMO) than the WeatherTech mats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.