Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought the forum may find this of interest.

I recently had AT&T unlock my old S4 as part of an experiment to see if/how I can get Waze on my old phone for free.

I have a Valentine 1 radar detector and am using the YAV1 App, not that the CT is a speed demon but the early morning commute in NY averages around 80mph and I'd rather not get a ticket.

So...I unlocked my S4, signed up for "freedompop" which cost $1 for a sim card and 1 month of unlimited calls/texts with 1GB of data, you can call during that first month and lower the data plan to 500mb which costs nothing per month. The 1Gb data plan costs $20.

Reading online and on the forums, it appears waze will use under the 500mb worth of "free data"

Am going through the testing phase now (will I go over the "free data"), will report back.

*At&t wanted to charge $30/mo for tethering because I am still clinging to my original unlimited data plan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice idea. I have a similar no-cost data plan & I sit an old iPhone hidden in the car, using Find My Friends to find the car when I can't remember where I've parked it, or in case of theft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts