Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think this is something you replace when it fails, not at a specific interval. Never heard of it being replaced before failure.

My car (2014) is at 283,000 miles and I have had no issues with mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is something you replace when it fails, not at a specific interval. Never heard of it being replaced before failure.

My car (2014) is at 283,000 miles and I have had no issues with mine.
very nice...is there anything in particular that you recommend to get into high mileage like that? I have already had my inverter coolant and engine coolant replaced, as well as brake fluid flush, and cvt transmission fluid flushed and replaced - and I am at 112,000 miles. I change my engine and cabin air filters often as well, and I replaced my spark plugs as well in the last year.

I have a 2013 base model, and I was wondering if you, or anyone else reading this has any more advice - I am asking you kindly because you have already achieved higher mileage, and I am trying to do the same.

Thank you so much for the help.

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
I would probably replace it after 10 years of use/high mileage. Its electric driven. When it fails, you will get a code for water pump failure/over revolution. When that happens the chances of head gasket failure go up drastically. But since these engines are so easy to work on and are easily replaceable...its not extremely urgent to replace the water pump just because you can. Also, the water pumps don't really fail that often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts