Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’m a newbie here and wanted to get your input on my situation.
I have 2012 CT200h premium for the past 6 years and absolutely love it. 3 days ago there was a lot of rain followed by flooding in South Florida. I parked my car outside of my garage and 5 hours later I noticed there was a lot of rain accumulation. I quickly went outside and parked it in my garage and that’s when I noticed water in the front passenger carpet and rear carpets. I quickly turned off the car and a minute after there was a popping/ cracking sound which I think was coming out of the speakers. ( the car was turned off)

I used plenty of towels followed by wet/dry vac to get as much water as possible and didn’t touch the car until that evening. Everything seemed to be working except I cannot access anything on the navigation screen as the mouse does not work, none of the audio buttons or even mode button on steering wheel does not work either. Backup camera works.
I read through some forums that an amplifier under the passenger seat might be the issue. I dread to think how much Lexus will charge to run diagnostics and repair. What should I do?
Please help!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
314 Posts
If you're lucky, it just needs more time to dry out. Especially in humid Florida. It could take weeks. But it also might be a blown fuse or two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone,
I’m a newbie here and wanted to get your input on my situation.
I have 2012 CT200h premium for the past 6 years and absolutely love it. 3 days ago there was a lot of rain followed by flooding in South Florida. I parked my car outside of my garage and 5 hours later I noticed there was a lot of rain accumulation. I quickly went outside and parked it in my garage and that’s when I noticed water in the front passenger carpet and rear carpets. I quickly turned off the car and a minute after there was a popping/ cracking sound which I think was coming out of the speakers. ( the car was turned off)

I used plenty of towels followed by wet/dry vac to get as much water as possible and didn’t touch the car until that evening. Everything seemed to be working except I cannot access anything on the navigation screen as the mouse does not work, none of the audio buttons or even mode button on steering wheel does not work either. Backup camera works.
I read through some forums that an amplifier under the passenger seat might be the issue. I dread to think how much Lexus will charge to run diagnostics and repair. What should I do?
Please help!
I suggest it will be because the drainage hoses (small diameter) on both sides of the sunroof (assuming you have one) have blocked up. To clean them, you need to open the sunroof and with a torch find these small holes in the front corners. If you can get some smaller diameter printer plastic hose, insert it and get it to go to the outlet down below. Water will start flowing out once you have got the hose to clear the dust debris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts