Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, but it's illegal to play movies in the front of a car here in California. Therefore, I assume that Lexus disabled this feature in the US.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can go with the Beatsonic bypass mod, that should enable you to watch DVD's while driving. However, be aware of Local/State laws as mentioned above.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since it is illegal to have video playing within the driver's view (here in CA), the systems sold here don't have the capability at all. So, it's not a "safety over ride" thing. I'm not sure, but I don't believe that Lexus offers the DVD head units at all here in the US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was referring watching while vehicle is in "Parked" mode

i see a lot of mini vans with the drop down screen showing a movie. i drive real close so i can watch it. i try and honk the horn to tell them to roll down their windows so i can hear it too =)

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2013 CT, with the Lexus 10 speaker premium audio system plays DVD's (audio & video) when parked with the emergencey brake on. Beatsonic uses a bypass harness to over-ride the Lexus restrictions, they show the CT bypass install with pictures on the Club Lexus forum. It does involve removing part of the dash and console, but it looks like no special tools are required. I'm hoping to do it at some point, but I need to make sure the mod works for the 2013 model year. Right now their website is only showing the kit for the 2011 & 2012 model years.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have the bypass from the other place in my 2012 and I considered the Beatsonic one because it claimed the DVD ability on the website, but when I talked to them they said that was only on the other Lexus' for which the unit is also designed. Our head unit is totally different.

I suspect the 2013 is totally different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks 2013NGCT
I didn't know the emergency brake had to be on, it works. System sounds great. I'll go get some audio DVD's to try now.
It would be great if Beatsonic got it working for the 2013, it'll really help keep the kid occuppied on long trips.

·
Registered
65 Posts
has anyone tried this with a 2012 with nav?
My 2013 CT, with the Lexus 10 speaker premium audio system plays DVD's (audio & video) when parked with the emergencey brake on. Beatsonic uses a bypass harness to over-ride the Lexus restrictions, they show the CT bypass install with pictures on the Club Lexus forum. It does involve removing part of the dash and console, but it looks like no special tools are required. I'm hoping to do it at some point, but I need to make sure the mod works for the 2013 model year. Right now their website is only showing the kit for the 2011 & 2012 model years.

·
Registered
371 Posts
thanks 2013NGCT
I didn't know the emergency brake had to be on, it works. System sounds great. I'll go get some audio DVD's to try now.
It would be great if Beatsonic got it working for the 2013, it'll really help keep the kid occuppied on long trips.
Mother Lexus wouldn't allow DVDs to be played on the navigation screen with the car in motion. She'd gasp and clutch her heart for fear of being sued. Give the kids a portable DVD player they can use in the back seat to watch their movies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've been wondering about feature on my 2012...Joe166, which bypass did you get for your 2012...does it work?

I got the one that is NOT Beatsonic. Prestigious Society, I think is the sellers name. I am sure it is available elsewhere, but they guard the instruction sheet very carefully and if you buy from Japan or somewhere in the far east through E Bay, you will save some money, but you will get instructions in what appears to be Japanese, but how would I know? I bought it from Prestigious Society. It doesn't have the DVD override but since BeatSonic told me their DVD override (which seems like a really stupid idea...a trial lawyers wet dream..."So, you had a DVD playing on your video screen at the time of the rear ender and you would have us believe that you weren't watching it?"), I went with the PS model, which I think does not have a DVD feature, which is fine with me.

Simple installation, works perfectly. No button needed, nothing to hide, nothing to cut, looks 100% stock. Just push the volume control rapidly down, down, up, up and it is operating. You stop moving on the map, you can access everything you could if you were stopped and after you enter whatever you want, you just go down, down, up, up and it starts operating as normal again. I think it is supposed to revert to stock after a while, but I am too impatient to wait, and I think it is too long, so I just toggle it off.

·
Registered
842 Posts
PS, I just tried to turn the module on and wait to see how long it took to revert to normal. I waited 16 minutes and it never reverted, so perhaps I was misinformed or I misunderstood. By that time I am so far away from where I started that it would take a long time for the nav to figure out how it got to where it is from where it thought it was a few seconds before. In other words, for accurate mapping it takes a couple of minutes. This is of no importance to me since I just toggle it back on as soon as I am finished, which is usually within a couple of minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts