Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certified 2011 pre-owned with a warranty.

The middle arm rest storage area, the little plastic button that you push to have it pop open sticks and doesn't pop back out after. It can't be pulled out with my fingers and will latch back on fine, but it's a manual process. I guess I could try some WD-40 but is this something that would be covered under warranty? I can push it in and have it open up but it's the getting it closed that doesn't work as smoothly as it should.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Certified 2011 pre-owned with a warranty.

The middle arm rest storage area, the little plastic button that you push to have it pop open sticks and doesn't pop back out after. It can't be pulled out with my fingers and will latch back on fine, but it's a manual process. I guess I could try some WD-40 but is this something that would be covered under warranty? I can push it in and have it open up but it's the getting it closed that doesn't work as smoothly as it should.
Do a search. You'll find many people with same issue. Bring it to dealer, they will fix.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well would you look at that.. didn't even think it would be a big enough issue to have an actual service bulletin associated with it.

I found the link that lets me see all of the service history for the car and the latch has been lubricated once before a few years ago. Are they replacing the part now instead or is this one of those things that they will fix it for a little while and then in a year it will be back to doing what it is doing now?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haven't heard the sticking issue here. Perhaps dirt/grime/plastic etc is creating problems. Or it may just be a manufacturing part. See if you can use something like a wire to pull out any unwanted stuff. Try vacuuming as well, before applying WD-40. I say, it is still under warranty. So why not just bring up the issue at the delaer once again, mentioning that you don't want to suffer after the warranty period.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeah, there was a lot of talk about this problem some time ago. I don't remember if I had the problem fixed at the dealership but I considered it. Wasn't enough of a problem for me.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I haven't heard the sticking issue here. Perhaps dirt/grime/plastic etc is creating problems. Or it may just be a manufacturing part. See if you can use something like a wire to pull out any unwanted stuff. Try vacuuming as well, before applying WD-40. I say, it is still under warranty. So why not just bring up the issue at the delaer once again, mentioning that you don't want to suffer after the warranty period.
http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/120737-center-console-lock-update.html

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/119785-console-lid-latch-problem.html

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/120512-armrest-sticks-after-being-fixed-once-already-print.html

http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/120677-center-console-lock.html

·
Registered
688 Posts
They replace the entire latch. Just bring it in, they will fix under warranty.
I can vouch for this. Not only did they replace my latch but the lid was rattling too and they fixed that at no charge.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Yeah i agree with on this matter that the warranty claim is necessary if working of the purchasing product is not good and i am also do it with some products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reporting back in.. had the latch swapped under warranty today. Feels like a brand new thing, well actually it is, but you get what I am talking about. Before the whole thing was a pain in the butt to use because of how stuck it would get, but the new one flows freely and it works like something should.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Pretty awesome huh. If you haven't gotten the rubber cover on the passenger door handle replaced yet you might as well go ahead and have them do that too. Like the latch that you just got fixed, this also was defective and will be replaced with a totally new part with redesigned clips. The original design liked to simply "come off" in your passenger's hand if they don't grab the handle just right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts