Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey did anyone from canada get one of these? i asked don valley north lexus and it is 500+ for the card and 150 to program that is 650.

we can get the card from sewell parts for 250, but still would need to program the card, does anyone know where to program the card for a cheaper price? 150 is super costly for a few buttons to press on the computer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i see the attraction but i like a super thin wallet and keep three cards in it... and i need a house key and keys for my office... so carrying a fob isn't the end of the world

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey did anyone from canada get one of these? i asked don valley north lexus and it is 500+ for the card and 150 to program that is 650.

we can get the card from sewell parts for 250, but still would need to program the card, does anyone know where to program the card for a cheaper price? 150 is super costly for a few buttons to press on the computer.
$650? no thanks...i'll stick with the remotes

·
Registered
414 Posts

I bought mine from ct200chat.com too (for $247. US), and the key for it from my Lexus dealer for $83.41 (CDN). They didn't charge me anything to program the key though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought mine from ct200chat.com too (for $247. US), and the key for it from my Lexus dealer for $83.41 (CDN). They didn't charge me anything to program the key though.
but you dont have to program the one from ct200chat? or they programed both for you at the same time.., it seems like a steal if they can give me the key and program both for 83 dollars compared to the 150 for programming only

what dealer was this? i dont mind travelling since the ct saves on gas anyways haha

as for the use of this wallet sized key, i do prefer it, since there is homelink, with this i would not need to carry any keys at all, i have a digital pad for my home door

·
Registered
414 Posts
but you dont have to program the one from ct200chat? or they programed both for you at the same time.., it seems like a steal if they can give me the key and program both for 83 dollars compared to the 150 for programming only

what dealer was this? i dont mind travelling since the ct saves on gas anyways haha

as for the use of this wallet sized key, i do prefer it, since there is homelink, with this i would not need to carry any keys at all, i have a digital pad for my home door
I ordered my wallet key before my car arrived, and Lexus of Barrie programmed it for me before I took delivery. I guess they 'threw it in' the deal.
The insert key I ordered from them fits inside the wallet key - there's no programming for it, but they had to order it specially because it had to be cut for my car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Australia it comes as standard with the top-end model (not sure about the entry level one). I use it on the weekend where I use a small front-pocket wallet and slide the key in with one credit card and my cash. Very slim & convenient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts