Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CT200h has a scheduled build date so I'm starting to get a bit excited. It's still going to take it until the middle part of January before I get to take delivery.

Anyway, the purpose of the post is to inquire - for those that have the "Wallet Key Card" if there is any functionality in addtion to the requisit "unlock" function? What I am wondering is if I replace the key "fob" with the wallet key, does it have a "panic" function and can I start the remote starter from it?

I'm guessing (without having seen one) that it is just an unlock only.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Think remote start is an extra ... There's a thread on the technical forums here that has a description of the kit. It includes the manual too IIRC and a description of good points/bad points :).

Addon - found it ! :rolleyes: http://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/le...on/119013-remote-engine-starter-kit-pics.html

Standard key - unlock and lock, plus there's a mechanical key inside that does things like enable or disable the passenger air bag. Holding the button down opens or closes the windows. No panic button feature.

The smart entry works well, after you get over the original "can the doors be opened with the key in the house" paranoia :p. Now it's darker out, I can see the car recognising the key by when the interior lights come on and say hello. That's about 50cm-100cm away so they're coming on as you reach for the door handle to unlock the doors. I've only used the key fob buttons a couple of times since I picked up my CT.

Hope your CT-Day isn't too far away now :)

(Above info is for UK spec, I think the remote start kit info somewhere else here is for Russian spec)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Sleepypete - I have the Prius3 IV now and the keyless entry has lock/unlock/panic/AC. I also have the remote start that is programmed to operate from the key fob by pressing the "lock" button 3 times (quickly) -- holding on the third press till the car starts. I enjoy its use especially during the winter months when I can access it from the office window so the car is toasty by the time I get out to it. It is limited to a 15 minute run time and and can only be "started" twice before you have to open the car doors so it can be reset.

I have also ordered the remote start on the CT and was contemplating the wallet key if it can remote start the car. If not, then its a moot point as Jedi 767 pointed out since I carry additional keys for the office, etc. I guess there is no need to spend the extra dollars and still have to carry other keys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The wallet key has no buttons. It provides no functionality beyond opening the doors and starting the car. If you want additional functionality, then the wallet key is not for you.

For me, the wallet key is great as, like Jedi767, it allows me to not have to carry any keys. When I ordered the wallet key, I also put a keypad lock on the front door to my house and I started hiding my office key a cubicle across the aisle from my office.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.