Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...
Joined the forum like a week ago after discovering this car. Visited dealer last Thursday to size one, touch one. The two they had, the yellow and the black, both were premium/no nav. I debated with myself since Thursday this question of nav...especially since they had the Black/Premium/Caramel i wanted (minus nav)...the spectre of X months on order, and the fact that i like the clean-ness of the dash, not to mention the $3K or so back in my pocket all lobbied for a non-nav. Net/Net was i walked away couple hours later, or should say drove away with the Obsidian/Caramel CT. On my test drive the one thing i needed to verify was get-up-and-go-ness in Sport mode, and was pleasantly pleased. Only regret was the $78 i spent this morning filling up the MDX i traded in (premium, of course) :)

Cheers...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps not. How many hybrids have Lexus dealer pluses, along with the proven Prius drivetrain - yet along with the sport mode? Short answer is none i believe. Drove a country rode today and the bumps were decimated by the CTs suspension, yet did a 90 degree turn at almost 30 and no body lean...hard to do. Ergonomics of the cab are a big deal to me, and when i test drove a prius vs this it was stark the delta. My biggest smile today was from the bluetooth ipod action...freed from the cable of the MDX and able to surf the ipod via the steering wheel controls :D

At end of day one needs to tidy up the sums...the equation of dollars out of the account; the logic of the purchase; and the reality that we're only here on this miniscule speck of dirt in a universe of proportions we can't comprehend; for just a flash of a second and we must maximize...my 2 cents.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all...
Joined the forum like a week ago after discovering this car. Visited dealer last Thursday to size one, touch one. The two they had, the yellow and the black, both were premium/no nav. I debated with myself since Thursday this question of nav...especially since they had the Black/Premium/Caramel i wanted (minus nav)...the spectre of X months on order, and the fact that i like the clean-ness of the dash, not to mention the $3K or so back in my pocket all lobbied for a non-nav. Net/Net was i walked away couple hours later, or should say drove away with the Obsidian/Caramel CT. On my test drive the one thing i needed to verify was get-up-and-go-ness in Sport mode, and was pleasantly pleased. Only regret was the $78 i spent this morning filling up the MDX i traded in (premium, of course) :)

Cheers...

Congrats! Great color combo if I do say so myself... hehe.
Get the bamboo dash trim. It adds a unique touch that matches well with the caramel interior. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will be picking up mine on Thursday. It will be Premium Day Break Yellow with leather and premium sound no Nav. I had ordered a Matador Red with leather, Nav, premium sound, LED lights. With all the delays I decided to go with the first vehicle that is not just a basic one. I will be using the Chevy Chase line in Family Vacation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! Great color combo if I do say so myself... hehe.
Get the bamboo dash trim. It adds a unique touch that matches well with the caramel interior. :D
much thx...you're reading my mind...ordered the bamboo yesterday, due in tomorrow...can us mere mortals attempt this job? or must i coerce a service department to assist. I do need to go back anyway to have them change the reverse beeps to a single beep anyway, but suspect it's not Lexus-science to accomplish.

Have to go out this weekend and see what kind of gas mileage i get...what are you getting? And do you think after engine break-in that will go up?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Stumpie, where did you order your bamboo dash insert from? I'd like one too!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Stumpie, where did you order your bamboo dash insert from? I'd like one too!
First, the dash insert is extremely simple to pop out. I've pulled mine out several times to see if I can fabricate my own (no, I can't). Just pull on it and it'll pop right off.

Second, Sewell Lexus parts seems to be the cheapest place to get the insert, provided you are a member of Club Lexus. The wood inserts are discounted about $45.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts