Lexus CT200h Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I think you hit both sides of the argument - for some reason there will always be a debate of "this looks good" vs "no it doesn't", especially with something as personal as wheel selection.

personally I love those Volks - in fact I was looking at the TE37s for my Evo a few months back before I decided to sell.

but I also personally don't like them on the CT - on most track cars I've seen them on, they look amazing since they just simply look strong - like the wheels are really preventing the whole car from flying off the track... but on the CT, to me they look quite heavy... almost like they are weighing the car down (even as light as they really are lol)

On the other hand, I love that you would choose blue - looks stunning on a white as already sexy as the lexus pearl ;) And a big props for choosing something for a personal taste, especially for matching something as subtle as the emblems.
well said. You're absolutely right about the "heavy look". When I get them on, I'll take some pics. If i hate em.......BBS LM's here I come! LOL!

·
Registered
96 Posts
well said. You're absolutely right about the "heavy look". When I get them on, I'll take some pics. If i hate em.......BBS LM's here I come! LOL!
Woot +1 for BBS - love mine - 18" and only 19lbs. I posted somewhere else a pic of a CR-Z with ADV.10 I think - looked goooorgeous. To each their own - as long as it suits the driver's personality, that's the only thing that really counts.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I posted somewhere else a pic of a CR-Z with ADV.10 I think - looked goooorgeous.
Yeah, those ADV wheels looked so hot, I checked out those wheels as well as some others. I emailed them for some pricing/options....HOLY!!! $1,500 per wheel!? Really?

Do you have any pics of the BBS on the CT?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know I saw some ADV on a ferrari and was like "hmmm..." they were like 1800-2000 per wheel - just incredible how much they can get away with charging to suckers with ferraris lol.

no pics of my BBS on a CT - but can certainly do some photoshop action if I have some spare time in the next couple days ;) I really like some of the OZ racing wheels - I think I saw someone on here post a photoshopped OZ wheel on black CT - looked amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Any cheaper alternatives to the ADV10? I think they'd look pretty sweet on a CT. Do they even fit, though?
Possibly, with the right offsets. I think the narrowest wheel they make is 8.5" wide, so you'll need the right offsets to make it work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Possibly, with the right offsets. I think the narrowest wheel they make is 8.5" wide, so you'll need the right offsets to make it work.
I'd imagine if they managed to fit on the CR-Z, you could find an offset that would likely fit on the CT... maybe with some fender rolling though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
SCT1984, do you have a CT200h? which BBS do you have? I have two sets of RG-R's for my race car, but they don't fit CT200h PCD.

So I'm looking at RS-GT if I do ever go w/ BBS's.

But I gotta try these TE37's first.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
But I gotta try these TE37's first.
Whatcha waiting for man!? You've had your car almost a full week and haven't found 1/2 hr. to swap out the wheels? (Sorry, I'm just getting impatient waiting to see how they look on your car!!!!) :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Jimmy. So sorry man. so so sorry. so many ppl are pushing me to get these wheels on. LOL! Honestly, I'm so busy that I havent had any time to pour into this car yet. I think it should be soon. I have the wheels ready to go, just waiting for some spare time after work to do the swap.

·
Registered
96 Posts
SCT1984, do you have a CT200h? which BBS do you have?
:( Not yet I just put my deposit down June 27 so I am anxiously waiting for word that it's even in production (scheduled apparantly for July production, but we'll see about that one).

I have whatever the equivalent of the CH's would be in 2008... not 100% the model, they were stock on my Evo MR.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Jimmy. So sorry man. so so sorry. so many ppl are pushing me to get these wheels on. LOL! Honestly, I'm so busy that I havent had any time to pour into this car yet. I think it should be soon. I have the wheels ready to go, just waiting for some spare time after work to do the swap.
Just giving you a hard time man! I would suspect one like you would own a hydraulic jack!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
How you liking the CT so far TeamLexus? Driven it much or have you spend too much time on the track with the IS300 race car?

been on track a bit! I'll be looking to do a photo w/ the Team Lexus race car and the CT soon!

Loving the CT so far tho. In traffic, its great!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I estimated 21lbs. But I think 24.6 is more accurate after I picked up one those assemblies!!

and to build up more suspense.......

OE wheel weight without tire, but WITH TPMS & WITH Lexus centre cap:

11.38kg = 25.08lbs

Pics to prove it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
C'mon.... Just post the pics we all want to see!!! Killin' me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The blue doesn't show very well unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Thanks for the weigh-in stats on the OEM wheel man! Now show us the pics!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Unfortunately the blue only stands-out more when you see the car in person.....

I'm also gonna get a better photographer to try to capture the blue. But here goes:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts