Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mine is actually already here and being driven. I'm buying a demo.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the TE37's guys!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great wheel choice Team Lexus!

I was wondering who your vendor was, I was looking to put some BBS' on my car. (Something local in Toronto/GTA preferred.)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Mine is actually already here and being driven. I'm buying a demo.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the TE37's guys!!!
So did your car really come in 1 month early, or are you opting to buy something w/ different options than what you originally chose?

·
Registered
152 Posts
TE37 an awesome choice. I like the idea of going with a lightweight aftermarket wheel as to not hinder the car's efficiency. I haven't seen the answer to this anywhere -- what's the weight of the OEM CT200h wheel??

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
TE37 an awesome choice. I like the idea of going with a lightweight aftermarket wheel as to not hinder the car's efficiency. I haven't seen the answer to this anywhere -- what's the weight of the OEM CT200h wheel??
Yeah, I've posted this on here too and no luck yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Guess I'll be looking out for that info as well. Just realized you're from the Bean too!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
OE wheel weight is about 21lbs.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
glad you guys like the choice and understand it. I know TE's typically go on super high HP aggressive racecars....but thats my background and altho CT may not be that.... I wanted something to carry over to my daily driver. I can't wait to put these on in June!!!

12 posters in this thread. 1 dislike. 1 disliking color, 10 likes!

·
Registered
152 Posts
With my VW I was able to access the ECM via a laptop connected to the OBD port and shut off the TPMS. Is it a possibility with Lexus vehicles as well?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
finally took delivery of my car. When I have some time this week, I'll slap on the TE37's!

·
Registered
164 Posts
finally took delivery of my car. When I have some time this week, I'll slap on the TE37's!

Great news for you.

Only just come across this post with your blue wheels I reckon they could look prety cool on my blue CT.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats - can't wait to see them on the car. Did the F-Sport springs come in at the same time as the car? Any chance they threw a couple more sets in the cargo area for some other folks to purchase?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Awesome, can't wait to see the pics! By the way, from a post up above from April, you mentioned the OEM wheels weighing about 21 lbs, but I've read elsewhere on here that they're 24.6 lbs. Any further insight on that Team Lexus?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
How you liking the CT so far TeamLexus? Driven it much or have you spend too much time on the track with the IS300 race car?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can't wait to see these mounted up on your car. I saw a set of Magnesium Blue on eBay today while I was looking for some TE37's and was wondering where I saw them before and remembered this thread.

If/When I get some aftermarket rims I definitely plan on Volk TE37's in Gold or White.

Please be sure to get a pic of how they look in the fender, just wondering how far the offset will bring them out. Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wrt: Running high performance wheels on a non-high performance car. While the TE37 is known more to be on high HP, super grippy tire, loud, track-type cars..... the lightweight technological aspect is what I am drawn to. I come from a racing background.....and these wheels are considered amazing. Thats why I'm running them. Is it overkill? oh ya. Is it adding personal touch by matching the blue to the blue emblems? I don't think anyone else has thought of that yet..... Just say'n.
I think you hit both sides of the argument - for some reason there will always be a debate of "this looks good" vs "no it doesn't", especially with something as personal as wheel selection.

personally I love those Volks - in fact I was looking at the TE37s for my Evo a few months back before I decided to sell.

but I also personally don't like them on the CT - on most track cars I've seen them on, they look amazing since they just simply look strong - like the wheels are really preventing the whole car from flying off the track... but on the CT, to me they look quite heavy... almost like they are weighing the car down (even as light as they really are lol)

On the other hand, I love that you would choose blue - looks stunning on a white as already sexy as the lexus pearl ;) And a big props for choosing something for a personal taste, especially for matching something as subtle as the emblems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Awesome, can't wait to see the pics! By the way, from a post up above from April, you mentioned the OEM wheels weighing about 21 lbs, but I've read elsewhere on here that they're 24.6 lbs. Any further insight on that Team Lexus?

Thanks
I estimated 21lbs. But I think 24.6 is more accurate after I picked up one those assemblies!!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.