Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to have voice dialing activated on your iPhone before you can use it in the CT?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Do you have to have voice dialing activated on your iPhone before you can use it in the CT?
Thanks
No software incorporated in the vehicle provides voice recognition and the voice dialing feature.

You need to "teach" the car a name associated with a number.

Or you can speak a number and it will dial that number

We don't have navigation in my wife's CT so downloading the phone book is not possible you have to input the numbers and say the names one at a time.

I believe if you have nav the phone book will download.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The only thing you have to do is make sure Bluetooth is enabled and sync it to the car once. Then every time you get in the car with your phone a notice comes up on the screen "Bluetooth connection successful" This is how you see it if you have the navigation package and the flip up screen. I do not know how it works on the non-Navigation cars. You can dial using the voice commands by the right side steering wheel controls. The Navigation equipped system has a nice interface for all your phone contacts that it syncs the first time you connect the phone. One thing I learned is if the car is in motion you cannot scroll through your contact list on the screen. However if you set up speed dial contacts you can use the joystick to click on a speed dial contact and the car will dial it.
I know the Navigation system added about $2500 to the price but it provides a lot of features above the maps and directions. The phone interface is pretty slick. If the radio or CD is playing the radio silences and your call comes through with the hands free speaker. Then when you end the call the music returns. No fumbling to turn down the volume or pressing any buttons on the iPhone. I highly recommend the Navigation upgrade if you can swing it. You can get a nice Garmin or Tom Tom system that have some extra features over the built in system but the "cool" factor is lost if you go this route. Just not having to reach for the phone when it rings is a gigantic plus for me. I'm never going back to the old ways.

CT200h, Premium, Starfire Pearl, Navigation, Nulux black interior

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. My CT (on order) has nav and the Levinson sound system.
(I like my music)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts