Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago on my IS300, I got some "Lexus" decals that covered the ugly airbag warning labels on the driver and passenger sun visors. Now I can't find a place that has them. I've searched the net for a while today with no success. Anyone know where to get something like this? They are approx 1.5" x 5". Several of the decals I found online would just be the "Lexus" letters only, with no background, but these obviously need a full background to cover up the airbag warning sticker. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
842 Posts
On the other (general) board that this identical question was asked, someone posted a link to a VW site that makes it seem easy. I am going to try it tonight.

VWVortex.com - DIY guide, an easy one: Airbag decal removal from sunvisors
Obviously Toyota uses a much more robust glue. This doesn't work at all on our visors. The alcohol just removed some of the color but not enough. Goo Gone removed the label but not all of the glue under it. Made it into a major job. I never got all of the glue off, leaving an ugly blotchy appearance. Fortunately, I have the black visors, and liquid shoe dye in black pretty much matches the fabric color, but, of course, I dripped it on my T Shirt while I was doing it. Not an easy job and I do not suggest anyone else try this method. There has to be a better way. I doubt that heat and peel will work because the label is just really thin and from what I could tell is just painted on the fabric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts