Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone else feel vibrations in the steering wheel when driving over tiny bumps at highway speeds? or any vibrations in the steering wheel while driving on any bumps or roads?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nope. Sure the ride is much harder than my wife's GS, but part of that is that I keep the tire pressure higher than recommended so that I can eke out that last foot out of that last drop of gas.

Harsh ride? My wife thinks so. I don't notice, except on those speed bumps that look like half a telephone pole. Those kill me, even at low speeds. Big jolt, up and down hard.

But if you have vibrations, I would suspect the tires. I had bad cupping on my OEM Michelins, and got charged for alignment, but looking at the readings, they weren't that far off. I wish I had complained earlier so it might have been covered under warranty.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe re-balance and rotate the tires, inexpensive and should do the trick, let us know if that solves it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So does anyone else feel vibrations in the steering wheel when driving over tiny bumps at highway speeds? or any vibrations in the steering wheel while driving on any bumps or roads?
I have a 2014 F Sport as you can see in my sig. It's brand new, stock tires, no mods at all. The only vibrations I feel are the ones transmitted through the road. Anything I feel through the steering wheel I also feel from the seats. Basically it's the entire car moving over bad roads. I have not noticed anything that I feel only through the steering wheel. Sounds like you have something that is not normal. Good luck finding the problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the car in July 2014 and feel constant light vibrations while driving. The dealer says it is normal after he made me drive another CT200h that also vibrates. They say it will go away because the car is new. I will wait a month to see if it goes away. I thought I was the only one until I read your post. Keep the forum updated.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I got the car in July 2014 and feel constant light vibrations while driving. The dealer says it is normal after he made me drive another CT200h that also vibrates. They say it will go away because the car is new. I will wait a month to see if it goes away. I thought I was the only one until I read your post. Keep the forum updated.
Yeah, they will tell you to wait, then when the warranty has expired, it is YOUR problem, not theirs. If you really have a problem, document it by complaining to them often and loudly. I still suspect some cupping of the tires for some obscure reason that doesn't affect all our cars. See if you can talk the into alignment and balance, which IS covered by warranty, but not for long.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what I feel with this car. its like these light fluttering vibrations that come through the steering wheel and also on the heavier vibrations I can feel in the seat at the same time i feel it in the steering wheel. I actually started a claim with Lexus stating how annoying and uncomfortable it is for me to drive this car now that i notice this is an issue with the CT.
I drive like an hour and a half to 2 hours on the highway to work and back and it is driving me crazy!!!
Im really glad others feel it too,. Maybe we should all stand together and make them fix this problem. These cars are supposed to be of LEXUS Quality even if it is a dressed up Prius.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bryan just to let you know My CT has 32,000 miles on it and I don't think this vibration is going anywhere fast.
I think a call to LEXUS headquarters is exactly what needs to be done, or else they will never address it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: I got nowhere with lexus because they relied solely on what the dealer told them. The feel of the car is normal.
I feel constant light vibrations in the steering wheel and when the vibrations get more pronounced I also feel them in the seat and center console. Its either bad suspension or somethings broken. I wonder if maybe just bad shocks?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I figured out that our CT's are prone to a common failing part. The steering Intermediate shaft.
I have a post in general discussion about this knocking, clunking noise when i would turn the steering wheel or pull into my driveway. As is something was loose in my steering linkage or suspension.
I also found another poster who put a video of his clunking problem, So i decided to do the same.

I went to dealer and they said it was not normal and they had to order the part.

They also said that they had 2 CT200's in the shop at the moment with bad steering intermediate shafts. So as we saw on the prius I imagine we are now seeing on the CT200. I expect a TSB to be announced and or Recall for this issue.

I expect that this is why i always felt more road vibration when turning through my steering wheel as that is a direct symptom of this problem

Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts