Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the longest time I tried to figure out how to hook up a cargo net to the CT's trunk. Well, after poking around, I noticed two small plastic covers that revealed a screw-hook system!

Simply pry out the plastic covers, unscrew a few turns, hook on the net's loop, and screw tighlty. Repeat other side. Hook the bottom two corners to the metal rings on the trunk floor, and voila!

Pics attached should help with what I'm talking about. And by the way, you can still close your cargo privacy cover without interference. The net will come in handy for those grocery bags, melons, balls, anything round and cylindrical that drives you nuts moving around in the trunk.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah, it took me a while to figure it out too. Whew! hehe

·
Registered
180 Posts
Didn't you get an OEM net with the car? Or you just didn't like it? The factory net attaches to rings on either side of the hatch opening at the bottom and to small hooks on either side at the top, so I never needed to go looking for ways to install (something else)! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yeah. that's really strange. Your net is sagging.

My car also have the OEM hooks at the top for the net. Perhaps it's not standard on Canadian vehicles?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct. Should have stated that this is not a CT200h cargo net and the "instructions" would be for a non-OEM net. Quite honestly, I knew a flat "spider" net existed (i.e. Sewell) for the CT but didn't know a vertical OEM net existed. To save a few bucks, I wanted to try to make use of an existing cargo net from my wife's previous car - Venza and found a way. The Venza's 5 in wider body (and net) explains the net's sag. :)

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
AHHHHH. gotcha. I'm still surprised you don't have the OEM hooks installed though. Let me see if I can snap a quick pic to show you.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts

On closer inspection, it looks like my OEM hook is probably bolted down underneath the cover you removed.

Which leads me to believe in two possible scenarios:

1) The hooks aren't available on Canadian vehicles as OEM...

or...

2) The actual vertical Lexus spider net COMES with hooks you can install using the method you described earlier.

Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good pics Matt.

Wow, I would have never guessed those hooks you show exist. They seem to be molded from the plastic covers or they poke through them. I'm surprised my CT only had the plain flat plastic covers with no hooks (see pic).

Definitely interested in seeking others' feedback from the US and Canadian folks to see if there's a difference due to country or maybe option packages. BTW, I have the base model with the "Touring" package which is essentially the 17" wheels and sunroof.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
corrado - You might want take the upper elastic and tie a knot in it to tighten it up. Just an idea if you don't like the saggy setup. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimmyc13, good idea. I'll tighten it up - items will hold more securely. Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
you should put ur net in the back of the trunk, i did, just hook it up to the bottom rectangle hooks, and then top of your spacer thing... more convenient if you have to get things out of your bottom compartment..

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a 2014 F Sport in the US. I have the little hooks that Matt showed in his pictures. I also have both cargo nets sold by Lexus.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, my 2016 f sport special edition came with a net but no hook so I'm reaching out to my guy at Lexus. I'll post results but currently I have:
image.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts