Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have any idea about how long it takes Lexus to process new vehicles at the port of entry?

I can only speak for Port Newark in New Jersey where we receive our vehicles from. Typically, it takes 6-9 days from the arrival date into the port. However, we have been experiencing delays recently. I am currently waiting on a 2011 GX460 for one of my customers that had a port arrival date on 3/14. Our inventory control manager contacted to port office today for an update & they said the vehicle would be processing on 3/28 or 3/29...almost 2 weeks after the ship arrived in the port.

Unfortunately, arrival times are difficult to pin point exactly with Lexus. We are at the mercy of the port processing time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Every import brand has the same issues. Exact arrival/delivery times are an in-exact science sadly, at the mercy of shipping companies and the weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only speak for Port Newark in New Jersey where we receive our vehicles from. Typically, it takes 6-9 days from the arrival date into the port. However, we have been experiencing delays recently. I am currently waiting on a 2011 GX460 for one of my customers that had a port arrival date on 3/14. Our inventory control manager contacted to port office today for an update & they said the vehicle would be processing on 3/28 or 3/29...almost 2 weeks after the ship arrived in the port.

Unfortunately, arrival times are difficult to pin point exactly with Lexus. We are at the mercy of the port processing time.
This seems consistent with what I am hearing from my dealer that it is taking in excess of 2 weeks to process cars at Newark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts