Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an IS250 which I love, but I'm making my way towards a no-animal-consumption-lifestyle, so one thing I want to do is replace my car with something that doesn't have any leather. I also have a kid on the way and a hatch might be useful compared to the IS!

I know the CT200h has a non-leather option called NuLuxe, but is it a possibility to get no leather at all including on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
180 Posts
:p
I currently have an IS250 which I love, but I'm making my way towards a no-animal-consumption-lifestyle, so one thing I want to do is replace my car with something that doesn't have any leather. I also have a kid on the way and a hatch might be useful compared to the IS!

I know the CT200h has a non-leather option called NuLuxe, but is it a possibility to get no leather at all including on the steering wheel?
Welcome to the forums klezmer :D

The leather wrapped steering wheel comes standard on the base model here in Canada. :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was wondering the same thing for the same reason, but wasn't able to find a steering wheel without dead animals wrapped around it. And it's not even an especially nice grade of dead animals imo....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering the same thing for the same reason, but wasn't able to find a steering wheel without dead animals wrapped around it. And it's not even an especially nice grade of dead animals imo....
I've at least made my request more or less official with a note to their customer service. I think it's pretty ironic to be selling an "eco" vehicle decorated in the hides of animals.

I might have to switch over to another brand in-between Lexus making an animal-free car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've at least made my request more or less official with a note to their customer service. I think it's pretty ironic to be selling an "eco" vehicle decorated in the hides of animals.

I might have to switch over to another brand in-between Lexus making an animal-free car.
Eco and animal free are two completely "different animals"

I've absolutely no problems with or desire to have a leather free car. I do appreciate your viewpoint and agree it's one of several areas that should have options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Understand your POV, but you'd be cheating yourself out of a nice, otherwise eco-friendly car over 1 part. If it bothers you that much, you can have the wheel stripped and recovered in the non-flesh of your choosing :)

I have the NuLuxe and I really like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts