Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to clean or change the egr cooler. Any recommendation from self experience?
Cheap used parts supplier?
Tks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to clean or change the egr cooler. Any recommendation from self experience?
Tks
Cleaning is possible. See the nutzandbolts video on prius chat for assistance. One of the bolts is really difficult to remove and even more difficult to reinstall. But it is possible. Use parts cleaner to clear air ways so light shines through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tks
I did it with my son. 2014 Fsport, 85,000 miles. Used carb cleaner and brake clean. Surprisingly the egr cooler was not that dirty, Egr cooler tube a little dirtier, the intake was by far the dirtiest. Based on how it looked at 85,000, I think we will redo it at 150,000. You almost need an extra elbow about half way down your forearm to get the bolts out. Both of of our hands were bleeding by the time we were done. It took us about 7 hours, but we did not hit it that hard. Im5ink 4 hours would be realistic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did it with my son. 2014 Fsport, 85,000 miles. Used carb cleaner and brake clean. Surprisingly the egr cooler was not that dirty, Egr cooler tube a little dirtier, the intake was by far the dirtiest. Based on how it looked at 85,000, I think we will redo it at 150,000. You almost need an extra elbow about half way down your forearm to get the bolts out. Both of of our hands were bleeding by the time we were done. It took us about 7 hours, but we did not hit it that hard. Im5ink 4 hours would be realistic.
Couple days ago I did it on my ct 160k
The cooler was 95
Ofpercent clogged .now it's runs better.also coolant and trani fluids were changed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts