Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there. I really like everything about the CT200h, but the reviews are rather scathing; mentioning gearbox whine, poor handling, comfort and acceleration. I would be very grateful if actual owners could give me some honest feedback so I could make my own mind up whether to buy one. Thanks in anticipation.

·
381 Posts
Yeah, the CT isn't going to win any drag races, but it's more than capable. Speed is sufficient, it has no problem cruising at 80MPH and I've never felt like I didn't have enough power on the highway.
I think handling is excellent, considering the weight of the batteries in the trunk. Going to my Prius feels really spongy now, and that one's lowered.

I personally find the seats to be very comfortable. I just did a road trip last week with six hour stints in the driver's seat and I never felt any discomfort. The back seats are small, sure. But for the driver and passenger? Can't complain.

It seems like a lot of the reviews do two things. Complain about the drivetrain (if you want an honest drivetrain review, look at Prius reviews, same guts) or they complain that it isn't refined enough to carry a Lexus badge. While it might not have GS or LS level trim and comfort, it's far nicer than an economy interior. Fit and finish is considerably better than the Prius is.

See if you can setup an extended test drive to really see, but I did two quick dealer tests and that was good enough for me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You might need to be more specific on which features are turning you off. I've driven my CT now for over 4 years and 120,000km. Other than more power, the car is fantastic! There's not too many compact luxury hatchbacks on the market that always seems to top the reliability ratings (a recent CR reports gave it top marks).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts