Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions about issues that others may have encountered and found a solution to.
First I've been playing mp3's and wma's over the simpler non-nav audio system. I've got one of
the very small 16 gig USB stick drives with a number of hours of music on it.
1. Is there a limit to the size (in bytes) of the memory stick the audio system can handle?
2. is there anyway to order the sub-directories, i.e. by name (alphabetically). As near as
I can tell the order is determined by the order of initial writing and changes whenever
the directory is written to such as by copying a new file to it.
When that happens it becomes the last directory in the audio system's list.
3. one stick is formatted as FAT32 and works. Another formatted as FAT32 with
wma's on it won't. Error message displayed is "Not Supported".And I can't tell if
the reference is to the formatting of the memory stick or the wma files. Any suggestions
as to how to tell the difference.

thanks
J.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm pretty sure only MP3 audio files will work off a stick. I've used 320kbps MP3 files for sure. I believe I've used a 16GB FAT32 Sandisk. Also if your files have proper metadata you should be able to sort, search, or browse by Artist or Album alphabetically. Edit: Maybe that's only with a navigation unit.

I've only had my 2013 F Sport for a week and a half. I was considering getting a really tiny USB drive or cable that would work with the cover shut. Then I found a Phone mount that used the cigarette lighter. So when it arrives (tomorrow night) I will pretty much always have the cover open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts