Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at using a USB memory stick with my 2013 CT200h audio system and wondered if
there was any way to directly use playlists. I've been using the rudimentary system where
folders of mp3 files are shown as 1-3 (i.e. directory 1 file 3) and if possible would like to
incorporate using playlists.

Of course I can use an mp3 player such as Sansa to use either playlists or individual
files and run through the aux plug. But then comes the question of providing power
to the sansa unit and sometimes that seems to create ground loops and noise. So I'm
trying to get away with just a USB stick with a directory structure on it with various
music. So far connections from the USB plug to the mp3 player haven't been
productive in terms of music. Charging does work fine.

A pointer to any previous posts which may have escaped my searches or to the
user manual would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have folders on my USB stick named 1, 2, 3... (playlists). Also you can rename you music files and add numbers in the front (like, 01_name.mp3, 02_name.mp3) or just leave them as is if order is optional.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The file structure of mp3s on this system sucks. Do some reading in the stereo section and I remember a couple of threads on this topic. Renaming files and such is fine for a small collection but if you want to copy 32 GB of mp3s like I have, then it can be nearly impossible to find one specific artist or song. The mp3s seem to more or less go in chronological order of when they were copied to the drive, which is not always alphabetical because Windows is stupid that way. In the end I generally just use the shuffle function and let it run indefinitely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts