Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base CT 2013 with the non-nav 6 speaker sound system.

I have a Sandisk Micro Mini USB stick and loaded some MP3's on it. They play but intermittantly "skip" or pause for a second and then keep going a few times per song. Almost like back in the day when you had an old discman and bumped it. It happens enough where it is pretty annoying.

Really odd. I don't have over the maximum for files per folder or anything, followed the instructions exactly.

Does anyone else have this skipping issue? It's a data file so shouldn't do that really unless the data transfer rate is too slow or the the stick is too slow but an MP3 is a pretty small file. This same stick used to play AVI's and full video files on my old DVD pioneer screen with no stalling and those were about 50 megs each not 4.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I can answer my own question here.

Took the car into the dealership last night and they said the USB stick needs to fit in there really tight. Different brands push in different I guess and the mini usb had just enough wiggle or give where if I hit a bump or turner a corner or whatever the leads would disengage just a tiny bit and then connect again causing the skipping.

I put a different (taller though) USB stick in there and it did push in tighter and not one skip after an hour drive. Glad it's nothing wrong with the car, just gotta search for another micro usb that fits in better.

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here are the flash drives I'm using on my CT.
Electronic device Technology Electronics accessory Flash memory Cable
They are small enough to let me close the lid and I have not experience any skip or pause on these.

This same stick used to play AVI's and full video files on my old DVD pioneer screen with no stalling and those were about 50 megs each not 4.
Since your Sandisk Micro Mini previously had AVI and video files, try formating the flash drive first before loading your MP3 files.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts