Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone know if a USB Hub will work with the car? I tried a Belkin hub, but it seems to only charge my devices and no media is working. If there is a hub out there that works, please let me know. Thanks!

232 Posts
It is not whether the USB hub will work or not. It has to do whether the logic in the car can support more than one device. You need logic to be able to recognize and differentiate the devices, don't believe ct200h got this logic capability... it is rather retarded.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Do you really need to control multiple device or just control 1 device and charge the rest? If just controlling 1 device, you could just leave usb for the controlling device and get a 12v adapter to 2 USBs for charging 2 other devices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping to plug multiple devices in the car (tablet, usb, my phone), not as much as controlling them, but having the ability to switch in between them is what I was hoping to do.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was hoping to plug multiple devices in the car (tablet, usb, my phone), not as much as controlling them, but having the ability to switch in between them is what I was hoping to do.
If your tablet and phone have bluetooth, you could just use your USB hub to charge them and use bluetooth connections to switch between them. With bluetooth audio, you could select which device you are connecting. It is very easy to switch if you have NAV (just a few mouse clicks). I found the sound quality from bluetooth better than the one from USB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the idea! I got both on the bluetooth and its great, but my transformer seems to lag a little before its gets to a normal streaming speed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I thought I was the only one who felt USB media playback was muffled. CD rom audio was good too.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
I think "muffled" is same description I would give. I wasn't even trying to play the iPhone via USB. I was just using it to charge the phone, and it started playing. I thought the sound seems a little "muffled", so I started playing around between USB and bluetooth and sure enough the bluetooth sound was more crisp.

The same thing with XM and FM. I have the same station KIIS on both and it sounded better on FM than XM.

I don't have any CD, so I don't even know if the CD player works or not :p

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks for the idea! I got both on the bluetooth and its great, but my transformer seems to lag a little before its gets to a normal streaming speed.
Does your asus transformer have 3G on its own or is it using your phone wifi hotspot? Maybe it takes a while for it to establish connection thru your phone?

·
Registered
200 Posts
The USB port in the car is not smart like a computer. I don't see how a hub could work to go from one device to another in the car. The port works well if you want to put in a small USB thumb drive with music files. I use a little thumb drive 32GB inserted into the slot that can hold a lot of music. I transfer the files from my computer to the thumb drive. Be careful on the format as the car's system can see MP3, WAV files and some others, but not all music file formats. i found some of the Apple music encoding doesn't show up as recognizable files. it has to be changed to MP3 format. It is still easier to use bluetooth from your phone or iPad and use the music interface on he phone to change songs or albums. just switch bluetooth connections, disconnecting one and starting another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts