Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am not having that problem. Sounds like it is time for a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
842 Posts
do you have leather or nuluxe?
I don't think it would matter. That part of the interior is not leather OR nuluxe. It is vinyl. Supposedly tough, hard wearing vinyl. One thing is that it should be an easy fix. Something is obviously wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow. I take it this rear seat is used frequently (I HOPE) and one rests their arm there a lot or something? This is really unacceptable for any car that's only 8 months old...let alone a Lexus!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't think it would matter. That part of the interior is not leather OR nuluxe. It is vinyl. Supposedly tough, hard wearing vinyl. One thing is that it should be an easy fix. Something is obviously wrong.
the panel shown in the picture is made from the same material as the seating surface. it is matched to the color interior.

so my question to the original poster is, do you have nuluxe or leather interior?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am not aware of any car that has the same material on the door handle surfaces as on the seating surfaces. In fact, if you read the literature carefully, you will see that not even the entire seat is made of leather when you have "leather seats". If you have proof to the contrary, I would love to see it. Maybe on a Bentley or Rolls but not even on Mercedes or BMW (or Lexus).

They will certainly do their best to match (or contrast) the color of the interior, but it is not often the same material.

I would be happy to learn otherwise, but look carefully and you will see that leather (I don't know about Nuluxe) is only used on the seating surfaces. In most cars that is the middle of the bottom and back cushions and sometimes the bolsters, but not the door surfaces.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am not aware of any car that has the same material on the door handle surfaces as on the seating surfaces.
Lotus Esprit comes to mind, for one. That had the same leather all over the seats, dashboard and doors. But I'm sure there are other examples, too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Purchased with leather and memory seating...Took to Keyes Lexus...They ordered 2 new panels for each door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts