Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having read about an agreement between Lexus and Tom-Tom for supplying Tom-Tom's software navigation system, I was wondering whether an upgrade of the system (in general not only the navi) will be available for old CT buyers.
In general, I am not so happy with the functionality of the system, especially on the radio, and an upgrade would be more than welcomed.
Traditional Lexus buyers, do you have any upgrade experience for your other Lexus, well established, models? Does Lexus provide an upgrade during the life cycle of their models?

·
Registered
842 Posts
After having read about an agreement between Lexus and Tom-Tom for supplying Tom-Tom's software navigation system, I was wondering whether an upgrade of the system (in general not only the navi) will be available for old CT buyers.
In general, I am not so happy with the functionality of the system, especially on the radio, and an upgrade would be more than welcomed.
Traditional Lexus buyers, do you have any upgrade experience for your other Lexus, well established, models? Does Lexus provide an upgrade during the life cycle of their models?
I would not hold my breath. You might turn blue.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The satnav software is drawing lots of comments - some hate it, some are staying quiet (me!) cos we don't want to seem out of place for liking it.

I prefer it to the iPaq based Tomtom I had before and the standalone Tomtom my dad uses. I especially like the free (in UK) traffic updates that seem absent in the standalone Tomtom. The Lexus system is also free of glitches and is reliable ... unlike the Tomtoms I've used.

If there was an option to "upgrade" to Tomtom software, I'd be ignoring it ... I actually like the Lexus satnav, with Remote Touch the interface is very usable and the traffic redirects have saved me huge amounts of time from not getting caught in standstill traffic on the motorways.

But - back to original question - I wouldn't hold your breath on any changes coming through and I'm basing that on this page : Check coverage . That's the Lexus EU page for map updates, the CT isn't listed on there yet ...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your replies. They are clear enough. I am convinced not to hold my breath and harm myself :)
I suppose same holds for the radio system alone?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
In the US, there is a map update each year. Having multiple different makes of cars, the Lexus nav isn't bad. It does not have the 3D bird's view in other units, but the remote touch works well. I miss the touch screen that I have in my IS. The 6th generation software is a HDD unit and can only be upgraded by a dealer. Takes a couple of hours, if all goes well. I decided against the upgrade in the fall of last year. I might do it this fall.

The generation 7 in my 2013 GS is slightly different with a modified remote touch but overall is the same as generation 6. The voice prompts are so, so much better than in my 2006 car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts