Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering upgrading my front speakers and sound deadening the panels. I've heard that some ML speakers aren't that great while the other components are high quality, but for this my main source is some guy on a YouTube video saying that the front speakers are garbage while the tweeters are fine.

I'm hoping that someone with more experience in this field can let me know if this project would be a downgrade/make no difference.

For the project I was planning to use the DD audio DC6x9 speakers since I heard good things about the sound quality and durability of the brand. It was also one of the few good quality 6x9's along side the Alpine S-S69C (Within my budget)
To mount the speakers I was looking at the Metra 82-8146 bracket and roadkill RKFR 69 sound damping rings.
Factory wires for the speaker.
For the doors just some basic sound deadening matts

If no one sees any holes in my plan, I'll probably start working on it next week. I'll post updates with pictures when I start the project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello!

Update time. I started my new job last week, so that kinda threw me off track this project.

Anyways, over the weekend I took apart my door panel (Used this as a guide How to remove door panel), and realized that salvaging the factory speaker connector would basically require ripping the ML speaker into bits. I don't really want to do that, so I'll just go with an aftermarket connector. Only problem is that I can't seem to find one in Finland. Even looked into amazon.ge and Swedish sites. I'm mainly looking for a Metra 72-8104 connector, but will be doing research to see if other better available connectors would also fit. Really don't want to order from outside the EU, so for now I'll look into this whole ordeal before even ordering the speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts