Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of two very good friends of mine we are in the process of upgrading my premium audio speakers. For now, I am upgrading the front 6x9's, the rear 6.5's and the 6.5" sub. (Will probably upgrade the tweeters down the road...)

Here is what I am upgrading to:

JL TR690-TXI Coaxial Speakers (6.9's)
JL C2650X Coaxial Speakers (6.5's)
JL 6W3V3 (6.5" Sub)
Arc Audio - XDi 804 4 Channel Amp for the rear and sub. We are going to run the front speakers through the factory amp.

Unfortunately I forgot to take pics during the install process for the front and rear speakers, but I have a pic of the sub. We modified the original enclosure for it to fit. We had to get the amp exchanged so we are still waiting on that... will keep you guys posted with the final process. I am pretty excited. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm planning on a DIY upgrade that will be similar but on a non premium audio system. Any additional pics especially of the subwoofer area and assembly would be appreciated as these don't exist on the base model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take photos of everything when it is finished + running! If you have any questions about mounting the front and rear speakers, feel free to ask. :D

For those who are wondering, the premium audio sub is pushing only 40W of power. The front speakers (6x9) are pushing 20W and the rear 22W.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Interesting. I had no idea the front speakers were 6x9's, they sure don't sound it. Are you referring to the doors? Good luck with the project and install!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes those are in the doors - crazy right? I guess they really focused on giving the driver some great front end sound. I hope to get everything wired and installed this weekend, I'll keep you guys posted with photos!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I hope to get everything wired and installed this weekend, I'll keep you guys posted with photos!
We all feel neglected.... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts