Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm pretty happy with my Premium Audio, but as always, want to tinker and tweak it a bit.

I'm not a fan of the factory boosted bass at low volumes and the bass reduction at higher volume.

I plan to remedy this issue with an Audio control LC2i.

I also wish there was a bit more bass to play with, nothing too crazy to offset the remainder factory speakers.

My plan of approach is powering the factory woofer with an aftermarket 150-250 watt amp. With experience in the past, clean power goes a long way, so I'm hoping this will do the trick.

Does anyone know the factory subwoofer wattage and ohm rating and size?

If this fails, I will add an aftermarket subwoofer into the factory enclosure. I don't want to take away the trunk space and don't want to deal with a box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I swapped out the factory sub with a Hertz slim 8' and added a pioneer 300w class d amp. The slim sub fit in the factory location with a bit of modification. I changed out the fronts dash tweeters with Rockfords and the rears with infinity 6032cf. It sounds so much better and I didn't need to change out the class a/b amp for the door speakers. Highly recommend keeping the fronts stock. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I swapped out the factory sub with a Hertz slim 8' and added a pioneer 300w class d amp. The slim sub fit in the factory location with a bit of modification. I changed out the fronts dash tweeters with Rockfords and the rears with infinity 6032cf. It sounds so much better and I didn't need to change out the class a/b amp for the door speakers. Highly recommend keeping the fronts stock. Hope this helps.
Where did you pull the wires from to do the line converter to do the RCAs? I pulled off the sub and for whatever reason ( i think unclean signal ) the sub distorts. I'm wondering if i'm using an amplified signal, then amplifying it again...

Any help would be great!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts