1. Why ruin a perfectly good set of wheels??? Chrome is so... nineties.With the assistance of Lexus Corporate and Newport Lexus getting a fire lit under their you know what, my Fire Agate / Carmel w/ Nav CT will be mine next week! So I will post another thread on how my purchase goes .
What I'm doing to my CT will hopefully for the time being make it completely unique in the US and maybe the world.
1. The dealer has agreed to chrome my F-Sport wheels. You may find pictures of these wheels on the CT concept car at various auto shows last year. These wheels are going to be sweet!
2. The rear passenger seats are going to be modified to have a fold down arm rest complete with storage and built in cup holders. Basically I'm ripping off the design from the fold down rear arm rest from the new Audi A3. This is something we all wish our CT's had and was definitely something Lexus cut corners on this first years release. My fabricator is talking with Lexus right now to secure some extra Carmel Nu Luxe if he needs extra material once the seat is cut out a bit.
3. I am also ordering a 4300k HID headlamp conversion kit from a reputable company with a 10 year warranty for just $59.
4. Finally I am also going to integrate an iPad2 into the new CT! It will be placed basically in the same area as Axis' CT. I thought this was a great feature and would further enhance this CT.
So after all thats in whatya think??
2. Complicated modification. Will wind up being quite expensive, and risky since it will have to be completely custom. I hope that Lexus wises up and includes rear seat cupholders and the armrest in the next years model or eventually sometime... I'd swap it out at that point.
3. HID upgrade kits have legal issues in some states, better off just getting the LED headlights as an option or ordering them via the parts department and figuring out whats needed to do the upgrade with factory parts.
4. An integrated Ipad would be nice. But once again, a custom job on a new car, risky proposition.