Lexus CT200h Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Okay so here is a comprehensive report as far as all the mods minus the oil catch can and torqamp being installed.

The solenoid definitely made a difference in the car acceleration. The combination with a bigger air intake and a bigger exhaust also gave the CT a very fond and cool noise and sligh bump in horsepower. Granted I did not dyno test it, but it is most likely that with more air coming in and going out without the engine being throttled would increase it's horsepower even by a small margin. To tie it all up the pedal throttle controller definitely made a hell of a difference in both acceleration and fuel economy. Not only was I able to achieve faster top speed but when adjusted to the other end of the spectrum I consistently got 45-48mpg. The oils drain plug replacement made it hecks easier to do self oil changes. As far as that goes I can't think of anything else that can improve the speed and horsepower of this hybrid vehicle (apart from the torqamp and maybe doing a custom job on the engine block).

As of this post I don't own the CT any longer. I traded it for 2017 Lincoln Reserve. Now I know I'm not part of the CT brotherhood any longer but feel free to send me a message or ask a question. I've learned a lot about my former CT through the years.

Also to any of you Florida natives. If your in the vicinity of West Palm Beach there is a hybrid battery repair mechanic there that will install new hybrid batteries in your car for 2k (if you have NAPA credit card you can use it). I think it was called Exclusively Hybrid.

With that I wish you all a good night and be safe out there. People are crazy now a days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ZetaWing.
As far as the TorqAmp goes it will fit perfectly I just do not have the funds atm to get it. But it is a goal in mind so when I do finally order it I'll post an update.
Hello ZetaWing. Did you ever get around to adding the TorqAmp? Who can I talk to about it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi ZetaWing.

Hello ZetaWing. Did you ever get around to adding the TorqAmp? Who can I talk to about it?
No I did not, it was too costly for me but a nice addition it would have made. You can go to the website of Torqamp and send an email to the creator of the product. It would definitely fit the car but might wear out some parts faster like the transmission (especially if it hasn't had it oil changed)

·
Registered
8 Posts
T
No I did not, it was too costly for me but a nice addition it would have made. You can go to the website of Torqamp and send an email to the creator of the product. It would definitely fit the car but might wear out some parts faster like the transmission (especially if it hasn't had it oil changed)
Thank you. So regular oil changes and it should be good?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
T

Thank you. So regular oil changes and it should be good?
Well the transmission doesn't use the same oil that you use in the car for regular oils changes. There's a separate area altogether that you would access to change the oil for the transmission. Even then I would be careful since depending on when it was last touched on whether you should change it or leave it. There are some good youtube videos to check out and educate yourself on transmission oil and when or why you should change it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well the transmission doesn't use the same oil that you use in the car for regular oils changes. There's a separate area altogether that you would access to change the oil for the transmission. Even then I would be careful since depending on when it was last touched on whether you should change it or leave it. There are some good youtube videos to check out and educate yourself on transmission oil and when or why you should change it.
Ahh ok sounds like maybe not worth the potential hassle lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe,maybe not. There's a youtube video from Donut Media about electric turbos (2 vids actually) I'd recommend checking them out.
Thank you. I’ll check it out. I already ordered the intake, quantum solenoid and pedal commander already. Will order exhaust this week. Maybe with those it’ll be enough

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you. I’ll check it out. I already ordered the intake, quantum solenoid and pedal commander already. Will order exhaust this week. Maybe with those it’ll be enough
My friend, with those you will have a heck of a time. You will definitely notice a faster acceleration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My friend, with those you will have a heck of a time. You will definitely notice a faster acceleration.
Yea I will try those first. I know what the car is and I’m not looking to break my neck or anything. A little bit more acceleration would be nice when changing lanes and stuff.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts