Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just acquired a 2012 F-Sport and I like it a lot!

Question:
1. I found the infotainment software not too fancy, it's old fashioned. Is it possible to do a (infotainment) software upgrade so that I can run the software version of, let's say, 2016?

I've search through out this forum and I guess I'm just not running into what I need. My apologies if there is an existing thread about these questions.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

Just acquired a 2012 F-Sport and I like it a lot!

Question:
1. I found the infotainment software not too fancy, it's old fashioned. Is it possible to do a (infotainment) software upgrade so that I can run the software version of, let's say, 2016?

I've search through out this forum and I guess I'm just not running into what I need. My apologies if there is an existing thread about these questions.

Thanks!!
You can't upgrade infotainment software itself but you can upgrade it by using an external device like grom vline2. Which is what i'm going to do soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check in this tread. I have the Grom Audio VLine VL2 on my 2012 Lexus CT200h already installed and it's working OK. There are a flew glitches that Grom Audio is aware of and working on a fix.

could you be a little more specific?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check in this tread. I have the Grom Audio VLine VL2 on my 2012 Lexus CT200h already installed and it's working OK. There are a flew glitches that Grom Audio is aware of and working on a fix.

Thanks for the tip!
How much was the total cost, equipment plus installation?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Grom VLine VL2 for CT200h is $599 but I got $50 discount so I paid $549. I did the installation myself. Took me around 1 hour.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As for a system upgrade there is no one available for any of the systems pre 2014 and Lexus is not even supporting it as well other then a map upgrade each year to the tune of $300-400 and some new streets is all ya get. Learned that one the hard way. And is anyone else suffering from their iPhone no longer able to connect through BT for audio use? My SE worked for about the first 3 years and then out of the blue no more audio via BT but can use the phone functions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts