Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Point blank: When you update your nav map/firmware, does it only update the map data or does it completely changeover the entire nav/menu/etc system to the newer 2015 style?

Tired of this outdated 2012 nav menu system...

Currently running a 2012 F-Sport with v11.1

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't plan to upgrade my GPS of my 2015 CT anytime soon... major HWs don't change that fast. I always check Mapquest as well before I go somewhere... besides most GPS maps are not accurate, even though they all take us to the end point, but not by the best way, although I found that the GPS in my 2015 CT - so far - is quite accurate

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I suppose you could get your hands on all of the components from a newer car and try to swap everything.
Or just use a smartphone for navigation, hell, even a Garmin does a better job of nav than any built-in system I've used.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I suppose you could get your hands on all of the components from a newer car and try to swap everything.
Or just use a smartphone for navigation, hell, even a Garmin does a better job of nav than any built-in system I've used.
^ this +1

I always use my phone's navigation since I'm generally streaming audio from it anyway.Only time I use the build in nav is when the phone is low on battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts