Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know of any changes that will be seen on the 2012 model? Was considering a 2011 CT200 in place of my IS350 until my wife informed me of our second child on the way!! Opted for a 2011 Sienna instead. Couldn't be happier with it by the way!! Great vehicle! Anyway, still want a CT but has to wait till next year. Love the looks and price of the car, not crazy about the lack of power though. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way either. Is Toyota planning on maybe using the lithium batteries in the 2012 model? Is the 2012 only going to be a plug in model? What about the rumors of a CT300 and CT400? Anyone with any information on the 2012 would be appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Lexus has filed for trademarks CT300h and CT400h when they filed for the CT200h name. It's gonna be extremely hard to tell, Lexus usually keeps everything secret. It is probably unlikely to see any major changes to 2012 model.

Toyota has stated they plan to unveil 10 new hybrids by 2015 (Stated before CT came out). 3 Of which would be most likely be Lexus (CT, ES, IS). And I can only assume that the other 7 would include the likes of Prius C and V, Rav4, Corolla, etc.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Sport mode really adds respectable pickup. I don't find it underpowered at all. The vehicle corners great. The plug in rumor for next model year is a plug in that would yield 13 miles on the battery in addition to the Hybrid drive. This is similar to what the plug in Prius will get. I'm not sure how practical 13 miles on electric is. If you have a one way drive to work of 6-7 miles then it is good for you. I would barely get one way to work, and then return home on gas. I guess every little bit helps.
Starfire Pearl CT220h premium, Navigation, Premium, Black Nu-Lux interior.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Sport mode really adds respectable pickup. I don't find it underpowered at all. The vehicle corners great. The plug in rumor for next model year is a plug in that would yield 13 miles on the battery in addition to the Hybrid drive. This is similar to what the plug in Prius will get. I'm not sure how practical 13 miles on electric is. If you have a one way drive to work of 6-7 miles then it is good for you. I would barely get one way to work, and then return home on gas. I guess every little bit helps.
Starfire Pearl CT220h premium, Navigation, Premium, Black Nu-Lux interior.
Problem is that the battery amount required to get 30 or 40 miles of driving range is cost prohibitive. You'd be looking at $50k for a CT with that sort of range and it would weigh a lot more. 13 miles EV range is good for handling trips around town (running to the grocery store, for example) in all EV instead of having to start up the engine and wasting gas warming up the engine to operating temps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The problem with the plug in is that it added about 200 lbs, in the case of the Prius. A reviewer stated after driving the Prius compared to Prius plug in is that it made it even more sluggish with the extra weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts