Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I ordered on 4/13/11. I have received a few calls from my sales rep for a potential similar car (different color but with all the options) that the buyer has canceled. I will be out of the country for a few weeks, so I called to see if the car is available before I leave town. I was informed that there are several shipments from Lexus and there will be over 300 CTs coming, and my car may come in late June or early July.

I hope this is true. After a two-month wait, I am so ready for a BMW 335d :)

Tim

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
All,

I ordered on 4/13/11. I have received a few calls from my sales rep for a potential similar car (different color but with all the options) that the buyer has canceled. I will be out of the country for a few weeks, so I called to see if the car is available before I leave town. I was informed that there are several shipments from Lexus and there will be over 300 CTs coming, and my car may come in late June or early July.

Tim
Just a heads up . The CT is no substitute for the BMW in terms of driver satisfaction. I would consider seriously what you want from your next car before you continue waiting for the Lexus.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
audi4t,

I realize that. I have owned BMWs before. If it's not for the runflat tires and potential reliability issues, I would have selected the 335d.

Tim

·
Registered
20 Posts
audi4t,

I realize that. I have owned BMWs before. If it's not for the runflat tires and potential reliability issues, I would have selected the 335d.

Tim
Tim,
I currently drive 2 Diesel cars... a 2010 335D w/Nav & loaded and a 2011 VW Jetta TDI and am very happy with them both.
My 335d has 48,000KM with no issues and brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it. My Jetta was only bought in Feb and has 14,000KM so far.

Last Saturday I went to test drive the CT with the SO and she fell in love with it so we placed an order for a Starfire Pearl/Ivory Leather and Tech Package. :D
I must say the CT's interior is more luxurious then the 335d and the Technology seems better too.

I am planning to give the TDI to my daughter.;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DC-IT,

Have you had to change tires on the 335d? How noisy are they as they wear out?

About my comment about potential reliability issues, I have had 2 BMWs and they both developed electrical problems around 60K-70K miles. May be it's my bad luck. I do love the handling of the BMW.

I hope that my CT order will arrive later this month or early July after I come back from the biz trip. Otherwise I am torn :)

Tim

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here's a bit of info I got from my dealer in MA:

"...our inventory on all cars is at a very scary LOW level. We sell between 200-225 new cars a month and my allocation for ALL new cars for May and June is 45. We have 112 new cars on the lot, this is down from 450. Production is up and running, it is getting the vehicles to this country, the infra-structure in Japan certainly on the East coast has been wiped out."

·
Registered
324 Posts
All,

Tim
Tim I don't know which dealer you went to but my dealer told me the same thing about a shipment this month that will take a lot of people from the dealer lists.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seacliff,

I ordered from Escondido Lexus. I was told the same thing. A lot of folks who ordered may get their car, or be offered something similar. It will still be slim picking for walk-in buyers.

Tim

·
Registered
324 Posts
Seacliff,

I ordered from Escondido Lexus. I was told the same thing. A lot of folks who ordered may get their car, or be offered something similar. It will still be slim picking for walk-in buyers.

Tim
Same place here, they were the best in paying attention to what you want.
I'll probably wait for what I want, don't need all the bell and whistle.
Premium with sound package and color, Red or Starfire/Caramel

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard from my Lexus sales rep in MA that the CT availability is improving. Hopefully is means they will find one in the color combo I'm looking for before August.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called two dealers in Dallas today and they both said availability on the CT looks like at least 3 months, maybe as much as 6.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Seacliff,

Tim
I was offered a Smokey Granite Mica premium with chrome wheels here in California about 3 days after inquiry. Another dealer mentioned that there will be some coming in soon. I didn't really want to pay for Chrome wheels, so didn't take the offer.. Maybe there will be a few options soon.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I was offered a Smokey Granite Mica premium with chrome wheels here in California about 3 days after inquiry. Another dealer mentioned that there will be some coming in soon. I didn't really want to pay for Chrome wheels, so didn't take the offer.. Maybe there will be a few options soon.
You could always sell the chrome wheels on here and likely find aftermarket wheels or even OEM wheels on here for sale. Just an option if you're REALLY craving to get into the CT! :D

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 Year Wait In Cincinnati

I put down a deposit on a CT200h in mid-April and was told it would be a 2-3 month wait (Red w/ black nuluxe - no other options). When I emailed the dealer last week, I was told that it would be at least 12 months. Needless to say I was very upset that 1) it was going to be a year for delivery and 2) the dealer had never contacted me to let me know. I have cancelled my order and am looking for something else (Audi A3?). Is anyone else getting this same story now, or is it just my Cincinnati dealer??

·
Registered
32 Posts
U should definatly find a new dealer!! One year wait is foolish!! I just stopped by my dealer on Tuesday. They did say they are not taking anymore orders for the 2011. He said that Lexus usually starts production on next years models on July 1st and would get back to me when he knows more details on the 2012's. Won't be many changes. Just some new colors and maybe the f-sport line. Which is probably the reason all of the f-sport accessories orders are all frozen at the moment. Prob getting ready to be fitted on the 2012. (that is my theory anyway). Ragardless, he said he could find a 2011 for me somewhere in the area and have it shipped in if I didn't mind waiting a couple months. Find a new dealer!! I good one will find u a car. Might not be the exact color combo u wanted, but he can get it for u.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts