Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

had to go through some rough terrain today, navigation led me to some off-road with huge stones and gravel. So I've bent the number 1 part exactly where the arrow points (don't know what this part's real name is) and lost the number 2 part (light and pretty thin aluminium plate). It just came off after some of today's ungodly road experience.
My question is what is the functionality of these two parts and should I go immediately to replace the part number 2 or it is totally OK to drive without it.
Thank you in advance for your answers guys and girls!

XXX

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The thin sheet of aluminum is just a heat shield. The other part that is bent can throw off your wheel alignment. If it hasn’t done so already. I would bring it to an alignment shop and have then redo your alignment. If they take a closer look and tell you it need to be replace by all means do it. Good luck should be straight forward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thin sheet of aluminum is just a heat shield. The other part that is bent can throw off your wheel alignment. If it hasn’t done so already. I would bring it to an alignment shop and have then redo your alignment. If they take a closer look and tell you it need to be replace by all means do it. Good luck should be straight forward.
thank you. i figured it out by reading the manual.
i see this forum is not so active.
lexus users are not many...

·
Registered
338 Posts
It’s because a CT is not an off roader. If you see a bad don’t just look at the Sat Nav but look out the front window then you’ll know if it’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s because a CT is not an off roader. If you see a bad don’t just look at the Sat Nav but look out the front window then you’ll know if it’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the other option was to turn back and I hate that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts