1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
interesting

·
Registered
199 Posts
I noticed this on Lexus's website. The Build-your-own site actually lets you select the blue with even the base model with zero options!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I've seen pictures of ultrasonic blue ones without F-Sport package.

Member Jeffp posted this in another thread.

Wonder if he took this photo from North American dealership. If so there is ultrasonic blue without F-Sport.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its from a dealership in Las Vegas, but for Canada only with F-sport! And F-sport package only available with blue, white and black! :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wanted a blue Prius, back in 2006, had to settle for white. I would have loved a blue CT, not available in this market in 2011, so I got white again. Now the blue is being made available (with F pkg). Its a good thing I like white ... but I really wanted blue.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Its from a dealership in Las Vegas, but for Canada only with F-sport! And F-sport package only available with blue, white and black! :(
Yeah not sure who's running Lexus Canada but they have to get their heads out of their a**es. Other than the color options and packages in Canada would have been nice to have options for Heated Steering wheel when its freezing (people in Texas get it though cause they need that) and Remote Start.

As for the F-Sport packages, it would be nice to be able to add Nav and LED headlights.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah in Canada it would be nice to have more color choice for nuluxe and get the big sound system on the touring model! Because i dont need the premium model! I am really considering looking to buy a slightly used one from USA

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Yeah not sure who's running Lexus Canada but they have to get their heads out of their a**es. Other than the color options and packages in Canada would have been nice to have options for Heated Steering wheel when its freezing (people in Texas get it though cause they need that) and Remote Start.

As for the F-Sport packages, it would be nice to be able to add Nav and LED headlights.
Actually not all "people in Texas" get the heated steering wheel; I am not sure any do! :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I completely agree, we get screwed up here in terms of options and colour choices.
You'll need to pay 6.1% duty since it is not built in N.America.
That's the reason I didn't pick one up from the states.

Yeah in Canada it would be nice to have more color choice for nuluxe and get the big sound system on the touring model! Because i dont need the premium model! I am really considering looking to buy a slightly used one from USA

·
Registered
239 Posts
I completely agree, we get screwed up here in terms of options and colour choices.
You'll need to pay 6.1% duty since it is not built in N.America.
That's the reason I didn't pick one up from the states.
Huh? Where are the ones for Canada built?

I thought they were all built in Japan or elsewhere and shipped here.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Huh? Where are the ones for Canada built?

I thought they were all built in Japan or elsewhere and shipped here.
Yeah, they are all built in Japan.
If Canadians want to buy a CT from the US, we'll need to pay duty (6.1%) to bring it over.
If it was built in North America, we wouldn't have to pay duty, just taxes, registration, etc..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, they are all built in Japan.
If Canadians want to buy a CT from the US, we'll need to pay duty (6.1%) to bring it over.
If it was built in North America, we wouldn't have to pay duty, just taxes, registration, etc..
Are any CT200h's made in North America?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are any CT200h's made in North America?
All CTs are made in one factory in Japan.

... although North American RXs are built in a factory in Ontario. I'm not sure if this qualifies Lexus for a general duty exemption. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just asked my friend (he has bought 3 cars from the US) and he said as long as that particular vehicle is built in North America it would be exempt under NAFTA. He also said that he paid the 6.1% duty on his Porsche, and it was still a lot cheaper than in Canada.

So buying an RX from the US would be fine, you wouldn't need to pay the 6.1% duty.

All CTs are made in one factory in Japan.

... although North American RXs are built in a factory in Ontario. I'm not sure if this qualifies Lexus for a general duty exemption. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Actually not all "people in Texas" get the heated steering wheel; I am not sure any do! :)
Was ranting along with previous experiences with Lexus Canada and the GX.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts