Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - Realllly considering buying the car but have a little bit of time to think on it before relocating to Southern California next month. (I'm 30 and female, for those wondering about demographics!). Two questions on my mind right now...

1. What do people think of the Nav? Easy to get used to it not being touchscreen, intuitive, easy to use voice commands, etc? What do you like and what would you change? Moving to a brand new area I definitely want a good system...

2. What do people think of the cupholders? I saw a thread that touched on it briefly but not too many replies. Good for coffee, other bevs, etc? People finding that they are noisy like the thread mentioned? Know this may be a minor question but hey, cupholders are very important to me! Although apparently I think my backseat passengers won't consider them important ;-)

Thanks in advance, sure that I'll come up with more questions...if you have any more thoughts for someone who is slightly on the fence please share :) Just FYI, was sure I'd get a Prius given the amount I'll be driving for work, but hated the front seats and the plasticky interior for $31-33K for a Prius V. Just drove this one to compare a hybrid hatchback and fell in love, but considering a few other options given darn Cali sales tax + new car depreciation + first year of model...

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
It is the same nav system that is in the RX. I believe that like this generation of nav better than the touchscreen that I had with the 07 Camry. I can use the mouse very easily! I don't have to reach the screen with my finger. The cup holders are large and clumsy, but don't bother me that much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
1. This is the first time i bought a car with nav in it. I've always had a portable (garmin nuvi). The nav in the CT isn't as nice as the portable however mainly because I don't like the bird's eye view as opposed to the driver's view (on the nuvi).

2. Cupholders are okay for standard bottles but not accommodating for say 32oz bottle of gatorade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. This is the first time i bought a car with nav in it. I've always had a portable (garmin nuvi). The nav in the CT isn't as nice as the portable however mainly because I don't like the bird's eye view as opposed to the driver's view (on the nuvi).

2. Cupholders are okay for standard bottles but not accommodating for say 32oz bottle of gatorade.
Are you saying the Lexus navigation doesn't have a 3D view or perspective view that it is ONLY top down??? If so that sucks as most nav systems in the last 5 years have a perspective view and I thought for sure I'd seen that on the Lexus before.

Can anyone confirm is a perspective view is available on the Lexus navigation? Maybe its a configuration or menu option somewhere??? I hope so...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not sure what a driver's view is, but the Lexus NAV has a top down view when driving and the lane assist shows up when exiting or making a turn. I haven't messed with it lately, but i'll poke around to see what other features it has. They are giving XM free for 90 days which has traffic assistance, its pretty cool, no need to use my Droid for traffic info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you saying the Lexus navigation doesn't have a 3D view or perspective view that it is ONLY top down??? If so that sucks as most nav systems in the last 5 years have a perspective view and I thought for sure I'd seen that on the Lexus before.

Can anyone confirm is a perspective view is available on the Lexus navigation? Maybe its a configuration or menu option somewhere??? I hope so...
That's exactly what I'm saying about the nav, it does not have the perspective view. Ive been using the nav for the passed 2 weeks. I'm one of those people that always keep the nav on (never know when you need to detour). It's also noticeably older than my 5 year old garmin nuvi in terms of UI. About the only thing the Lexus nav is better at than my garmin is the reception. I can go through tunnels without losing connection.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's exactly what I'm saying about the nav, it does not have the perspective view. Ive been using the nav for the passed 2 weeks. I'm one of those people that always keep the nav on (never know when you need to detour). It's also noticeably older than my 5 year old garmin nuvi in terms of UI. About the only thing the Lexus nav is better at than my garmin is the reception. I can go through tunnels without losing connection.

That sucks that there is no perspective view, heck our Jeep Wrangler has perspective view, I guess I can deal with it though for the sake of getting all the controls, backup camera, etc. on the Nav screen, it's too bad Lexus doesn't just outsource to Garmin as I love my little Nuvi that looks like an iphone,it has some really cool features including the Dr. Midnight voice! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.