Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's really cool that I can unlock and lock my car without ever taking my keys out of my pocket (just by touching door handle).

However the only issue I run into is when my lights are automatically on at night, I have to take my keys out and press the lock button twice in order to turn them off.

Is there any way to set the lights to turn off right when car is locked so I can just continue to use the keyless lock feature at night?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think it's really cool that I can unlock and lock my car without ever taking my keys out of my pocket (just by touching door handle).

However the only issue I run into is when my lights are automatically on at night, I have to take my keys out and press the lock button twice in order to turn them off.

Is there any way to set the lights to turn off right when car is locked so I can just continue to use the keyless lock feature at night?
You can change the delay setting to have them turn off quicker.

·
Registered
130 Posts
In auto mode (which I'm assuming that you are using) they will turn off automatically in 30 seconds. You can change this setting (Headlight Off Time Adjustment) through the navigation system (if you have one) or using the display button (if you don't have a nav system). The options are Off (which I assume means no delay), 30 seconds (default), 60 seconds and 90 seconds.

This can be found on page 692 of the owner's manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In auto mode (which I'm assuming that you are using) they will turn off automatically in 30 seconds. You can change this setting (Headlight Off Time Adjustment) through the navigation system (if you have one) or using the display button (if you don't have a nav system). The options are Off (which I assume means no delay), 30 seconds (default), 60 seconds and 90 seconds.

This can be found on page 692 of the owner's manual.
Awesome! I'll try the Off Option then.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I have set mine to automatically turn off when I open the driver door.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think you can turn them off by hitting the lock button on the door again after you've locked the car once.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I think you can turn them off by hitting the lock button on the door again after you've locked the car once.
That is what he said in the first entry that he didn't want to do ..pushing the lock key twice :eek:

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is what he said in the first entry that he didn't want to do ..pushing the lock key twice :eek:
I think he was talking about the key fob and Matt was talking about touching the door handle twice to turn lights off.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried that and it didn't work for me for some reason. No matter how many times i pressed the handle the lights would not go off.

Anyway I changed the option to Off as Bill suggested and it solved the problem for me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I tried that and it didn't work for me for some reason. No matter how many times i pressed the handle the lights would not go off.

Anyway I changed the option to Off as Bill suggested and it solved the problem for me.
I'm glad you got it taken care of and it is now set to your satisfaction. I personally like having the lights stay on briefly so if I am in a dark location I can see as I leave the car, just my personal preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts